Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Need to join those who may understand

Hello, I am (sometimes barely) holding onto the remnants of my self/life at this current point in time. I have a long way to go in healing. I barely just awakened to what happened to me. 

Thanks for reading.

Hi Sylph, and welcome to AS. I'm so sorry for what you went through, but glad you found this place. You will find many who understand and will support and encourage you in your journey. Feel free to share as much or as little as you want or need. There is a great deal of love and support here. Safe hugs to you.

Welcome to AS @Sylph I am sorry for the reason that brought you here.  Take your time look around  you will find very supportive  people here and there is no judgement here.  Best of luck on your healing journey.  

3 hours ago, Sylph said:

Hello, I am (sometimes barely) holding onto the remnants of my self/life at this current point in time. I have a long way to go in healing. I barely just awakened to what happened to me. 

Thanks for reading.

Hi Sylph and welcome to AS. I am sorry for the  trauma that have gone through in the past. We are here to help you in your healing and to know you are not alone. Take your time going over the site, we are here for you.

Patricia

hi @Sylph

I'm new, too, and so sorry that we're meeting under such horrid circumstances.

Your post touched me because I, too, have been struggling with accepting what's happened to me. 

I'm glad to see that you and I are not alone, and look forward to getting to know you better.

I hope that if I can be of any help in your journey, you won't hesitate to contact me.

Good luck with all that you're going through.  We might feel broken, scared and ashamed, but we are never alone!

Thank you for your replies. I have been going this way alone and I'm just ready to connect with those who can relate to trauma/having PTSD. It can be pure misery on even the most beautiful days. 

2 hours ago, butterflydream said:

hi @Sylph

I'm new, too, and so sorry that we're meeting under such horrid circumstances.

Your post touched me because I, too, have been struggling with accepting what's happened to me. 

I'm glad to see that you and I are not alone, and look forward to getting to know you better.

I hope that if I can be of any help in your journey, you won't hesitate to contact me.

Good luck with all that you're going through.  We might feel broken, scared and ashamed, but we are never alone!

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if ok

1 hour ago, Sylph said:

Thank you for your replies. I have been going this way alone and I'm just ready to connect with those who can relate to trauma/having PTSD. It can be pure misery on even the most beautiful days. 

@Sylph You've said this so well.  It's hard to have good days when you never know when the trauma will creep back into your life.  Hopefully, this place (and any help we can get outside) will help us rebuild.  You deserve the beautiful days to be pure again.

(PS thank you @reglois!)

Hi Sylph,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. I am glad you decided to reach out, because within this community, you don't have to feel alone anymore. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here. I am new to the site as well. I have found the people to be very supportive, encouraging and helpful. There is a lot to look at and read. It can be overwhelming at first, especially since you are just starting on your road to healing. I hope you find this site as safe and helpful as I have. Just know you are not alone. Safe hugs :hug: if ok.

Thanks for everyone's replies! Warm regards.