Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Over the Rainbow

Thank you for the positive support! Might need a bit more than a cheer leading squad but I'll take all the help I can get and it's much appreciated! :)

welcome to AS! I am so sorry for the reason that brought you here. You've found a supportive place with friendly, understanding people and there is no judgement.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  You're not alone.  @LookingforSunshine Take your time to look around 

Thank you Pain. This seems like a nice place for healing. I've been on this journey for a long time now :( I'm hoping I have come to a safe place that is understanding and compassionate.

Hello again Sunshine! From the looks of things you have definitely found the right place. I hope you can begin a path of healing, which you deserve!

Hello! I'm trying to find my way around and where I fit in, and I'm not sure :( Maybe if I do that tell your story, someone could help. I'm not sure I'm ready for that on here. :( Right now, I'm still reading the rules, reading new people posts and looking at forum topics. I hope your journey is starting out better! Let me know if you find a better starting point.

1 hour ago, LookingforSunshine said:

Hello!
I'm new to using online forums for support. I am hoping that this will help me on my journey of healing. :)

Hi Sunshine,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you experienced a trauma. Nobody has the right to hurt another this way. You will find tons of support on the site and know you are not alone.  Take your time, there is no rush and there is no pressure. Looking and reading is a good place to start. Please know it is not uncommon to feel overwhelmed to start. It took me a couple of weeks to even really venture beyond the Welcome area, when I first came. You are not alone. I do wish you the best as you start this healing journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Hi, LookingForSunshine, and welcome!  :wave: The share you story forum will be unlocked once you hit ten posts. As others have said, just looking around and reading other people's posts will help you get acquainted. 

Thank you! Debating on whether or not I'm ready to share my story. :( I must say that the site has given me some strength and inspiration. It's amazing to see the number of people coming forward and their strength and others helping with words of support and encouragement.

i wish you much success on your journey to healing. may you find much support, understanding, and acceptance here.:notalone::supportu::youcanheal:

Thank you! I find the support here like a breath of fresh air. I find it is much easier to talk in a forum than a group setting. I feel like there are less eyes on me and less judgement. It's hard to explain. I know in a group setting you're not getting judged, it's just an awkward feeling you get.

Welcome to AS, first love your profile pictures . You will find lots of support here and you wouldn't feel alone ( I did for so many years)

Patricia

Yeah I've felt alone for a long time. I think I've finally found a great T and a place online (AS) where I belong and feel safe. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Welcome to AS, Sunshine. It takes a little time to feel at home here, but I hope that soon you will feel how wonderful this community is. Everyone is so supportive and non-judgmental. This is a very safe place. 

I'm new too, LookingforSunshine — also hoping this is helpful as we're all looking for healing. I've never used online forums like this before either. Glad you found this place!

Thank you for being so welcoming. It's very inspirational to have have support when first starting. It certainly makes me feel like I am not as alone as I thought I was.