Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and Nervous

Hello... I'm more than a little nervous and not really sure what to say. I'm obviously new and I'm still having trouble coming to terms with what happened. Still occasionally waffling into bouts of denial where I can nearly convince myself I'm just crazy and nothing happened. :/ I was encouraged to join in order to help me understand that I'm not alone and that I'm going to be okay. 

Morning, Ravenclaw chap here ^_^ You're certainly not alone, you're gonna meet a lot of folks here who've been through something similar and can empathise. Hope you find it supportive and helpful.

Hello, fellow newbie here.

You're definitely not alone, I hope you find some peace around the place <3

1 hour ago, Gryffindor Girl said:

Hello... I'm more than a little nervous and not really sure what to say. I'm obviously new and I'm still having trouble coming to terms with what happened. Still occasionally waffling into bouts of denial where I can nearly convince myself I'm just crazy and nothing happened. :/ I was encouraged to join in order to help me understand that I'm not alone and that I'm going to be okay. 

Welcome :aswelcomesu:.

FREE2FLY

Hello!

I'm new too. I'm going to start going through all the new posts because I just don't know what to say. This is my first time in an online support group as other victim support groups have made me anxious and have failed. You are not crazy and you are not alone. I wish you well on your journey and may love and support help to heal you.

@Gryffindor Girl

welcome to AS! I am so sorry for the reason that brought you here. You've found a supportive place with friendly, understanding people and there is no judgement.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  You're not alone.  Take your time look around there is no rush.  Safe hugs if ok. 

3 hours ago, Gryffindor Girl said:

Hi Gryffindor Girl,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you suffered, but this is a very supportive site. The members here are kind and understanding. Unfortunately much of what you feel is normal for experiencing something like you did. Please know you are not crazy and that it was not your fault. It's not an easy journey, but we will walk with you on this healing path.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

2 hours ago, LookingforSunshine said:

Hello!

I'm new too. I'm going to start going through all the new posts because I just don't know what to say. This is my first time in an online support group as other victim support groups have made me anxious and have failed. You are not crazy and you are not alone. I wish you well on your journey and may love and support help to heal you.

Welcome @LookingforSunshine,

I was like that at first but once you get to know people you will be comfortable with it trust me.

welcome anyway.

FREE2FLY :tealribbon: 

welcome, welcome. i wish you much success and happiness on your journey in healing. :notalone::supportu::youcanheal:

7 hours ago, Gryffindor Girl said:

I believe we all have felt the way you are feeling, nervous, not knowing what to say. I can tell you this is a safe place and you are not alone

Patricia

Hi Gryffindor Girl, I'm also a newbie. I definitely get how it feels to not be totally at terms with what happened. You're not alone!

hi @Gryffindor Girl

Reiterating what everyone else has said- it's wonderful to meet you and very sorry to have to do it under these circumstances.

I struggle with accepting what's happened to me, as well, and sometimes almost have myself convinced that it must be something my mind made up.

I'm hoping to find more people who struggle with this sensation, and that we can all grow together in our ability to accept that what has happened to us is real, but it doesn't have to define us.

I hope to see you around, and that we both have a great experience with AS!