Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

I just wanted to make a little introductory post to say "Hi".

I admit it's taken me a while to take this step. I found this forum over a month ago, and it took a couple weeks to get the courage to register, and even after I was fully registered, it took at least another week to make this first post. I have no idea with this is so difficult, but I'm really hoping to be able to find people here who understand and can relate, and gain some comfort and healing through the process...one step at a time :)

@Sunrise Kitten 

Hey!  Welcome to AS!  I am sorry for what brought you here but I can tell you this is a very supportive community.  You will find lots of support here.   :lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear: :youcanheal: :aswelcomesu:

welcome @Sunrise Kitten. im sorry for what has brought you here. im happy you found the courage to join up, i was the same before i joined as well. i hope you find much healing, peace, and comfort. there are a lot of supportive people on AS and we are here for you.:supportu::notalone::youcanheal:

7 hours ago, Sunrise Kitten said:

I just wanted to make a little introductory post to say "Hi".

I admit it's taken me a while to take this step. I found this forum over a month ago, and it took a couple weeks to get the courage to register, and even after I was fully registered, it took at least another week to make this first post. I have no idea with this is so difficult, but I'm really hoping to be able to find people here who understand and can relate, and gain some comfort and healing through the process...one step at a time :)

Hi sunrise, welcome to AS. You are right this is a big step. But I am glad you took it. You will find this to be a supportive site, many know how you are feeling. We are here to help you in any way. For me the big thing I was not alone.

Hi Sunrise Kitten,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you experienced something that would bring you here, but you will find tons of support. It's ok to take a little time, look around, and find your footing here. It is a big step, one you needed to be ready to take. I am glad you found yourself ready. I wish you the best as you begin this journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS! I understand your hesitation, this is daunting at the beginning. Hope you will feel safe here soon and that you find lots of support. 

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I feel very comforted by them and I'm trying, I think, to wrap my mind around the idea that there are actually so many people here who can relate and understand in their own ways. It's simultaneously sad to acknowledge that, as well as encouraging to think that I'm really not alone. I look forward to stepping out and exploring the rest of the forums here.

7 hours ago, Sunrise Kitten said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I feel very comforted by them and I'm trying, I think, to wrap my mind around the idea that there are actually so many people here who can relate and understand in their own ways. It's simultaneously sad to acknowledge that, as well as encouraging to think that I'm really not alone. I look forward to stepping out and exploring the rest of the forums here.

Hi @Sunrise Kitten, I feel the same torn feelings. I feel so sad that so many other people feel the way I do, but at the same time I am relieved that I no longer have to go through this alone. Hope you find what you're looking for here.

• 2 weeks later...