Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here !

Hello, my name is Victoria and I'm new to the site. My therapist recommended I connect with fellow survivors. I have been going to therapy for a while but I'm still trying to cope and deal with what I've been through. 

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are truly understanding and kind. I am glad that your T has recommended finding others, like you. I wish you the very best as you walk your path of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Victoria, I just started here yesterday and already feeling like it's helping me feel less crazy or alone. I wasn't convinced of its purpose at first but now starting to feel supported and validated. Hope you can find some comfort or support here. Feel free to chat if you're ever having a hard day or just need to talk.

@MeBeMary @soulpaws @howlieowl Thank you all so much. I am glad to feel so supported when I've only been on for barely a day. I am sad about the experienc because it's a sad one but I am very excited to know that this is safe place and a way to express myself. Thank you all for being so kind ! 

Welcome @Victoria Palmer and @soulpaws so sorry that you even need to be here. This place has been very helpful to me. There is also another great site 7cups.com, you can chat one on one and in different kinds of groups and you can sign up for a sponsor. :) You can message if you want to talk sometime. -k

@Ayla3 I agree ! :) its really nice to know you are not alone and that people share the same problems as you. I feel like its a safe place to share as well ! Hope you are enjoying the site and feel free to message me if you ever need too !