Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi all

Liliana28

Hi everyone,

I guess everyone finds taking the first step difficult. I've been attempting to push this to the back of my mind for over a decade now. 

I'm hoping to find a bit of support on here and I am hoping to work out that this wasn't my fault and that I shouldn't be so ashamed of what I have been through.

I always try to stay light hearted on the outside so I envisaged my first post to be less dark. However, I think that the anonymity of this does help me to be more open.

I've probably already typed too much so I'd like to just say a quick hi to everyone and say that I'm looking forward to trying to be a supportive member of this site. 

All the best,

Lil

Edited by Liliana28

Hi Liliana,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured. Nobody has the right to hurt you this way and in no way is it your fault. I do understand these feelings tho, as most of us have or do feel this unwarranted guilt.  I do hope you will be able to eventually turn it back on your abuser.  You are right when you say this first step of reaching out to others is difficult. I wish you the best as you continue this journey forward and find your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS, Lil. I am glad you found your way here. although i wish you hadn't had to go through something terrible. I am also finally facing something that happened over a decade ago, and it isn't easy but we can do this! 

I hope you find this community as kind and supportive as I have found it, and that it can be useful for your healing. This first step is scary, I know, but you will see, this is a safe place!  :notalone: :youcanheal:

welcome @Liliana28. i am sorry for what has brought you here. i hope you find tremendous support here. i wish you much peace, love, and comfort on your journey to healing.:supportu: