Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Picking up the Pieces

Good afternoon.  I've only just begun my journey towards healing. I find it hard to open up to anyone without feeling judged in some way for what happened, even with my boyfriend. I am hoping that being able to share in a community of others that have unfortunately shared similar experiences will help rid me of the blame I constantly carry around and allow the healing process to begin. 

Ashley 

Nobody's gonna judge you. If you blame yourself i recommend a thread called "a definition of consent for those struggling with self blame" or words to that effect. Tis a good read and helps a lot. You had no responsibility for what happened to you, it's all on whoever chose to hurt you. I hope in time you can let the self blame go. Welcome to the journey *hugs, if ok, and cookies*

21 minutes ago, Brokenash said:

Good afternoon.  I've only just begun my journey towards healing. I find it hard to open up to anyone without feeling judged in some way for what happened, even with my boyfriend. I am hoping that being able to share in a community of others that have unfortunately shared similar experiences will help rid me of the blame I constantly carry around and allow the healing process to begin. 

Ashley 

Hi Ashley, welcome to AS. You will find this a safe place and no one will judge you here.  I know what is like to carry the blame, it feels like a weight on your back that you can't even stand up. I no longer carry the weight but still working on things. We are here as you being your healing process

Patricia

Welcome Ashley. I am sorry that you have a reason to be here, but I am glad you found AS. This community is very supportive and non-judgmental. You can share as much or as little as you like. 

On 2/1/2017 at 5:19 PM, Brokenash said:

Ashley 

Hi Ashley,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced. It was wrong and not fair of anyone to hurt you. Self-blame is a common reaction to another's action...way to common. It was never your fault tho. It takes a lot of courage to reach out, and it is a first step down your healing path. I wish you many more forward facing steps as you start your journey. 

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome Ashley to AS!   You've found a safe place and there is no judgement here.  I am sorry for the reasons that had brought you here. Just know you're not alone. You can say as much or as little as you like.  

Welcome to the forums. I can relate to the feeling of being judged. It was very hard for me to open up to people here because I was afraid what they might think of me. People here are not judgemental and that really helps. I was kind of surprised everytime I shared something deep other people responded who felt the same. Take your time in opening and be assured nobody here will judge you.

Welcome to the forums. As others have said this is an incredibly welcoming community and you will find a lot of support here. You are definitely not alone.

Hi Ashley,

Many people here and everywhere, including myself, have something that has happened to them that can make them feel like they would be subject to judgement and cause self blame. I empathize with you greatly, I certainly know the feeling and have only just begun my own journey past this. I personally and everyone else here are more than happy to talk to you or even just listen if you need to help let that heavy pain lift from you. You are not alone. :throb:

hi Ashley,

you are very welcome to AS! I hope you are finding your way around the board okay,

please contact any of the Newbie Support team if you need any help

take care, Paula :supportu::aswelcomesu: