Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello! New here, and feelin' nervous!

Hello! I don't really know what to say...I've really only just begun my journey to healing myself in the past couple of months. It's been difficult, and I'm still trying to figure out what is going to help me. I felt like finding a place where I can finally let some of the secrets and trauma I've kept bottled up inside for so long out would be healthy, especially if it's among people who have been through similar experiences and are welcoming! I found this place and I'm feeling happy, but also extremely nervous...took me forever just to get up the courage to create this!

So...yeah! Hello and I hope you're all having a very lovely night :)

3 minutes ago, EmergingLight said:

Welcome Alleecat! I'm glad you've found us and reached out. This a wonderfully supportive community :notalone:

Thank you :) !

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first cliché, as they say in Chinatown. I don't really read the fortunes, I just can't get enough of those damn cookies. What was I saying? Hi! Welcome! Stuff. Mm, fortune cookies...

4 hours ago, alleekat said:

Hello! I don't really know what to say...I've really only just begun my journey to healing myself in the past couple of months. It's been difficult, and I'm still trying to figure out what is going to help me. I felt like finding a place where I can finally let some of the secrets and trauma I've kept bottled up inside for so long out would be healthy, especially if it's among people who have been through similar experiences and are welcoming! I found this place and I'm feeling happy, but also extremely nervous...took me forever just to get up the courage to create this!

So...yeah! Hello and I hope you're all having a very lovely night :)

Hi allekat,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have endured, but you have found a very safe and supportive site. The members here are kind and understanding. Many of us have come here the same way you have...it is normal to be nervous. Take your time and it will become easier. I do wish you the very best as you begin your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome to AS, alleekat. I was half terrified to join and post the first time but I have found it to be a very welcoming community and I hope you do as well.

Thanks everyone! Your kind words mean more to me than I can express :) Thank you for being so welcoming! I really appreciate it :) 

It's difficult facing people and letting out the details of your personal traumas, but everyone here wants nothing more than for you to be happy and comfortable. Anonymity helps, I know I've struggled with people knowing my past and I'm coming to realize anyone hearing my story would understand my pain and even feel pain for me. I imagine that would be the same for you. I don't know what you've been through but I know you deserve love and compassion, and we're all here to give that to you if you need it. Much love and inner peace to you. :throb:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 7:58 PM, Ian37 said:

Hi, Alleekat! Welcome! The most important trip we might ever take is the journey of finding our own self. That being said. There is perhaps some comfort in unity. I am new and rather nervous as well. Just please know that you are not alone.

Hello and welcome to you too! :) Thank you for the kind words. I hope we can all help each other heal! Safe hugs, if ok :hug: