Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New member - Faye

FayeW

Hi, I'm Faye. I've been sexually assaulted three times in my life. I'm glad to have found this community; thanks to all of you for making it happen. Feeling alone in the aftermath of a trauma is very painful indeed. It's been almost five years since the last time, but it creeps up on me sometimes, still. The whole election thing - the "grabbing" and the alleged assaults by our almost-President and his sickening words used to deny - really triggered me. I've been dealing with strong memories, and I'm angry, and I'm hurting again, in spite of the time passed. Anyhow. Glad to be here. Thank you.

Welcome to AS!  I Am sorry for what had happened to you.  You have found a safe place with caring people and there is no judgement.   Write as much or as little as you like.  Say what you like.  You're not alone! 

17 hours ago, FayeW said:

Hi, I'm Faye. I've been sexually assaulted three times in my life. I'm glad to have found this community; thanks to all of you for making it happen. Feeling alone in the aftermath of a trauma is very painful indeed. It's been almost five years since the last time, but it creeps up on me sometimes, still. The whole election thing - the "grabbing" and the alleged assaults by our almost-President and his sickening words used to deny - really triggered me. I've been dealing with strong memories, and I'm angry, and I'm hurting again, in spite of the time passed. Anyhow. Glad to be here. Thank you.

Hi Faye,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced traumas. At no time is it right for anyone to hurt another person this way. I do understand how with everything going on in our news and in our country, that it be triggering. It is very sickening, I agree. I am happy you have decided to reach out here at AS. You will find our members supportive and kind. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: