Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to Board.....old problems.....

52 yrs old...repeated victimization.  From the first, never reported because I felt no one believed me....

I am trying to get a new outlook, new path.

My husband is a controller, verbally abusive....has cut off all friends and trying to cut off family.  Went so far as to have an affair with my last 2 "friends", although no one admits it.  He gave me an STD from that... ughh...

So I need your help.....I need to find out who I am.  I need to find friends.  I need to find a LIFE!   :luck:

@mary0331 

Hi and welcome to AS. I am sorry for what brought you here but I am glad you found us.  I am also sorry your husband is abusive to you and has treated you so poorly.  You didn't deserve that.  You deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.   Do you have any hobbies you like to engage in?  Hobbies that get you out of the house?   Painting, drawing, writing classes?  Some community colleges offer free courses based on age.  Some courses are free or low cost based on enrichment.  They are designed to for people who aren't going after a degree.    Going to a support group is also another thing that can help too.  Those can be just as varied as anything else.   But those can he helpful too. As for AS, take a look around.  You will find plenty of support here.  There are alot of caring people here.  The main thing to remember is you are not alone.  If I can help, please let me know.   Sending safe hugs if ok. :hug:Sitting with you :candle:

2 hours ago, mary0331 said:

52 yrs old...repeated victimization.  From the first, never reported because I felt no one believed me....

I am trying to get a new outlook, new path.

My husband is a controller, verbally abusive....has cut off all friends and trying to cut off family.  Went so far as to have an affair with my last 2 "friends", although no one admits it.  He gave me an STD from that... ughh...

So I need your help.....I need to find out who I am.  I need to find friends.  I need to find a LIFE!   :luck:

Hi Mary, welcome to AS. I am sorry for all you have been through but happy you found us. I am sorry about your husband and how he treats you. No one should ever have to go through that. The best part about life is we are never too old to change it. I am 61 and learning who I am, I have come along way over the years and I like to say found my voice. You are not alone here.  We are here to help you on your new journey.

Patricia

Welcome to AS, Mary. I am sorry for what you have been going through. I am glad you are reaching out to this community now. This is a safe and supportive place to find others who will understand you, to get support, to get things off your chest...I hope that it is helpful and healing for you.

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for what you're going though.  You will find very supportive people here and those who will understand what you're going though.  There is no judgement here.  Take your time.  Say as much or as little as you like.  You are not alone in this.  Sitting with you. 

Hi, mary0331, and welcome! :wave: I'm sorry for all that you've been through. My husband (soon to be ex) was controlling and manipulative too. We've been together for 13 years and I'm finally putting my foot down.  It's scary. But it helps to have all the support here at AS. Safe hugs, if okay. :bighug:  :notalone: