Jump to content
devon7

Hi I'm New

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I'm new here obviously. I'm 21 and a survivor, that's actually the first time I've used that word and identified with it. I'm a senior in college and was attacked a few months ago by my boyfriends best friend. I've tried to report, but the school is too concerned with preserving their image to actually do anything. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say, but I'm kind of getting a touch of hope for the first time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi devon,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry about the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are truly understanding and kind. I am very happy that you identify with the word survivor, because you are. It takes great courage to try and report and I am sorry your school is giving you one of the classic school runarounds. I am glad you have found us and wish you the best of this healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weclome to AS @devon7

I'm so sorry this happened to you. You don't have to worry about what to say, or not to say for that matter. I think we're all a nice bunch of people who understand what it's like to truly hurt. You ARE a survivor! I'd glad you've got some hope. With a little bit of hope, you can do anything.

Take care of yourself, you deserve to be at peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xKeepingFaithx said:

Weclome to AS @devon7

I'm so sorry this happened to you. You don't have to worry about what to say, or not to say for that matter. I think we're all a nice bunch of people who understand what it's like to truly hurt. You ARE a survivor! I'd glad you've got some hope. With a little bit of hope, you can do anything.

Take care of yourself, you deserve to be at peace.

Thank you for your kind words! This is really reassuring and comforting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to AS! I am sorry this had happed to you.  Take your time look around.  Everyone is kind and understanding and there is no judgement here. very supportive site.  I hope you can find some peace and begin your journey to heal. 

Dee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Painnbroken said:

Welcome to AS! I am sorry this had happed to you.  Take your time look around.  Everyone is kind and understanding and there is no judgement here. very supportive site.  I hope you can find some peace and begin your journey to heal. 

Dee

Hi Dee, thank you, I'm already feeling much better than I have for the past few months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, devon7 said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here obviously. I'm 21 and a survivor, that's actually the first time I've used that word and identified with it. I'm a senior in college and was attacked a few months ago by my boyfriends best friend. I've tried to report, but the school is too concerned with preserving their image to actually do anything. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say, but I'm kind of getting a touch of hope for the first time

Welcome, devon. I am so sorry for what brought you here but I am confident you will find a supportive and welcoming community here. I hope you are able to find the support you need, both here and in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Me89 said:

Welcome, devon. I am so sorry for what brought you here but I am confident you will find a supportive and welcoming community here. I hope you are able to find the support you need, both here and in real life.

Thank you, you're very thoughtful. I'm happy I found this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, @devon7. I am sorry for what happened to you, but the fact that you are looking for help so early on in the process is a really good sign. You are being very strong. I hope you don't mind me sharing, but many years ago, as a teenager, I was also hurt by my boyfriend's best friend, who I though to be a close friend, and whom I trusted. It was so confusing. I very much hope your boyfriend is supportive about this. Feel free to write to me should you want to talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Devon. The documentaries The Hunting Ground and It Happened Here follow what some students have had to go through to get their assaults taken seriously on college campuses. Here's a really helpful website: http://knowyourix.org/ I feel for you. I too was first assaulted in college. Sending you wishes for a smooth recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to AS I am glad you found us you will find this to be a very supportive sight with many wonderful people on here.

Kris:kitty::kitty::kitty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...