Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Me

hello all. im starting on my next journey of healing. ive gotten this far with so many ups and downs. ive been afraid to step out and share my past, to own my past, heal from my past, and evolve from my past. somewhere along the line, the person i was, was taken from me and i became someone new, different, foreign to myself. after 20 yrs., i can start to see glimpses of who i was. im here to make those next steps to not just change, but evolve.

welcome to AS howlieowl and congratulations for taking this step, you have now found an incredibly supportive community who will be there for you at every stage of your healing journey :bighug::aswelcomesu:

Thank you so much! :) I'm shedding happy tears knowing ive found a safe place of support.

51 minutes ago, howlieowl said:

hello all. im starting on my next journey of healing. ive gotten this far with so many ups and downs. ive been afraid to step out and share my past, to own my past, heal from my past, and evolve from my past. somewhere along the line, the person i was, was taken from me and i became someone new, different, foreign to myself. after 20 yrs., i can start to see glimpses of who i was. im here to make those next steps to not just change, but evolve.

Hi howlieowl, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the  trauma that you went through that brought you here. I think most of us know those up and down feelings. Like you I feel the person I was taken away from me. It has taken many years but I found the new me, the one that has a voice. I like that word you use EVOLVE, I guess over the years that is what I have done. You will find support here at AS and we can help you evolve to your next step.

Patricia

Thank you very much Patricia. im hoping i can get to that place where you have reached. 

Welcome to AS! I'm new here too, and my experience so far has been nothing but supportive. Please be gentle with yourself and remember that you deserve to be happy. I'm sending you lots of support and I hope the AS community will help you in your journey. I, for one, will be here to offer support whenever you need it. Take care.

Thank you so much. I truly appreciate the support and I will look to many like you for support through out. 

3 hours ago, Painnbroken said:

Welcome to AS and congratulations with taking this step!!  :)

Thank you so much for the support. 

7 hours ago, reglois said:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug:

Thank you very much for the support. It feels good knowing im not alone in this healing process.

11 hours ago, phoenixxx said:

Welcome howlieowl! I wish you all the best for this new chapter on your healing journey!

Thank you very much for the support. :)

15 hours ago, howlieowl said:

Hi howlieowl,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are truly understanding and kind.  I like what you say about seeing the glimpses of you were, but are ready to change and evolve. I think many times we wish for what we have lost, that we lose what we can potentially be. I do at times, anyway. I do wish you the best on this journey of healing and evolving.

Mary

:notalone:

hi mary. thank you so much for your kind words and support. :ThankYou:

Welcome to AS,I am sorry for what brought you here. You have taken a great step forward on your journey to own the person you want to become whether it is the person you once were or a completely different person. or a combination, you will find a lot of really great people on here to support you and someday you will find your self supporting others.

Sending safe hugs if OK :hug:and kitty cat snuggles

Kris:kitty::kitty::kitty:

Graham,Gracie,Domino, also Welcome You

16 hours ago, Kris78 said:

Welcome to AS,I am sorry for what brought you here. You have taken a great step forward on your journey to own the person you want to become whether it is the person you once were or a completely different person. or a combination, you will find a lot of really great people on here to support you and someday you will find your self supporting others.

Sending safe hugs if OK :hug:and kitty cat snuggles

Kris:kitty::kitty::kitty:

Graham,Gracie,Domino, also Welcome You

Thank you so much Kris for the kind words, i appreciate it. and thank you for the hugs and kitty snuggles:). so far everyone has been nothing but supportive and i look forward to much more of it.