Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey there everyone, my name is Nathan, and i'm a survivor, (so far) of sexual abuse by a male family friend.

I have tried many times to do something about this, but i always get scared and run away to drugs and alcohol. 

Getting some counselling in a few weeks, so hopefully i can nip this in the bud. 

If anyone wants to chat or hear more of my story or whatever, i guess i'd be happy to oblige, although, i don;t talk about it very much. 

Just reaching out i guess, don't leave me hanging, or do, whatever. 

Peace and Love to you all.

<3

Welcome Nathan! I am sorry for what happened to you, but I am glad that you found AS and hope that chatting to others who have been through something similar may be helpful to you. Good that you have some counselling coming up - I thought I could do without for a long time but like you said about yourself, I was running away.

Definitely feel free to reach out here, everyone is very supportive and kind, it's a great community. You will probably find what suits you best on this site pretty quickly but if not don't be afraid to ask. 

And welcome to you too, Starpoole! Same goes for you - if something isn't clear just ask. Otherwise, look around a bit. You will probably get the hang of it quickly.

4 hours ago, jhsdcsjdcvbdj said:

Hey there everyone, my name is Nathan, and i'm a survivor, (so far) of sexual abuse by a male family friend.

I have tried many times to do something about this, but i always get scared and run away to drugs and alcohol. 

Getting some counselling in a few weeks, so hopefully i can nip this in the bud. 

If anyone wants to chat or hear more of my story or whatever, i guess i'd be happy to oblige, although, i don;t talk about it very much. 

Just reaching out i guess, don't leave me hanging, or do, whatever. 

Peace and Love to you all.

<3

Hi Nathan, welcome to AS. Sorry that you were sexually abused.  It is  scare to open that door, it does get  easier. Glad you are getting some C. You will find this a safe place. You only share what you want to, there is no pressure to share more than you want too.

Patricia

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the abuse you suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. It is very normal for survivors to try to runaway from or go into denial about how we've been hurt. I am glad you are reaching out for support now, and we are here for you. I wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

9 hours ago, Starpoole said:

I'm new here as well. Still trying to figure out how this site works :)

Hi Starpoole,

A warm welcome to you, as well. I am glad that are reaching out to us and you will find tons of support. Best wishes on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

@jhsdcsjdcvbdj, @Starpoole welcome to you both glad you came here, so sorry for what brought you here, you should find as much support as you need here. As others said if you can't find what you are looking for just ask, a place I find a lot of support when I need someone to talk to is chat, there are a lot of good folks that stop by there. Good luck to u both. My mailbox is always open if you want to talk.

Kris:kitty::kitty::kitty: :lindybear:and :hug:if OK

I have 3 cats and a dog but since AS doesn't have a puppy emoji I am stuck with the bear, so pm me if you want to talk about some crazy animals lol 

11 hours ago, Kris78 said:

:lindybear:

Thank you so much for your kind words, and support <3

I have actually been in in the chat quite a lot, and have found some very nice people, in there.

Btw, that emoji sure looks like a puppy to me, i don't see many spotty bears ;)

Much love

<3

Edited by jhsdcsjdcvbdj
I'm an idiot ?
17 hours ago, jhsdcsjdcvbdj said:

Thank you so much for your kind words, and support <3

I have actually been in in the chat quite a lot, and have found some very nice people, in there.

Btw, that emoji sure looks like a puppy to me, i don't see many spotty bears ;)

Much love

<3

:lindybear:Yeah it does look a little like a puppy. Good I am glad you are finding your way around I hope you are getting the support you need, maybe I will see you in chat one day.