Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

I have been trying to work up the nerve to join here for a couple years now.  Here I am!  I would love to share my story, I don't really know how this all works.  I have been a survivor of three separate ordeals throughout my life.  I am grappling with the first, right now.  I have found that therapy is not enough.  I want a place I can talk about it anonymously, at anytime, perhaps with people who are farther along in their healing process than I.  How do I get into the "share your story" forum?  How do I even begin to do this?  I am terrified, but very much think this will be helpful.

Welcome to AS.  I am sorry for what has brought you here.  You have to post 10 times to be able to access the  "share your story" forum but they have some just for fun forums you can post in to get that out of the way.  I do find this site helpful it makes you feel less alone and you vent and talk with people that understand you and what you are going through.

Welcome to AS (After Silence) Unicorn :hi:

I am part of the Newbie support team and will send you the answers to your questions but briefly you need 10 posts as Princesskay said to access chat and share my story.

Well again welcome to AS, though I'm sad you went through all those things to bring you here, I am glad this site is here for you.

Activist Ally

Welcome to AS Unicorn, There are many wonderful people here to talk with, at various stages through their journey's of healing. There are a few rules but once you know them it is a wonderful place to come for support. I wish you the best, when you are able to share your story. I have met wonderful people on here that has really helped me with my journey, and I find the chat feature really beneficial when I need someone to talk to that really understands what I am going through. You  can always send a Private message that only I would be able to see or anyone you choose to private message that is. My inbox is always open if you want to.

Kris:kitty::kitty::kitty:  safe hugs if OK:hug:

5 hours ago, AnonymousUnicorn said:

I have been trying to work up the nerve to join here for a couple years now.  Here I am!  I would love to share my story, I don't really know how this all works.  I have been a survivor of three separate ordeals throughout my life.  I am grappling with the first, right now.  I have found that therapy is not enough.  I want a place I can talk about it anonymously, at anytime, perhaps with people who are farther along in their healing process than I.  How do I get into the "share your story" forum?  How do I even begin to do this?  I am terrified, but very much think this will be helpful.

Hi AnonymousUnicorn,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you have experienced, but I am happy that you are ready to join our community. It's not easy reaching out to others, but I have found it to be the best choice I've ever made. There is a quality to survivor to survivor support that is very beneficial and that you can't find from non-survivors. Take your time and look around and you will feel these terrified feelings subside. I wish you well on you healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: