Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everybody!

Hi everyone.

I thought I'd come here to introduce myself.

I'm Faith...

I was attacked by a stranger almost 5 years ago, and somehow he still has control over my mind. I guess I've come to reach out for some support from people who genuinely know what it feels like to be hurt, rather than people who (no disrespect, and luckily for them), don't have any idea.

Please be gentle with me... I tend to self destruct rather than asking for some help, so this is really a big deal for me.

Thank you for reading this...

:blush:

Hi, Faith, and welcome! :wave: It's a huge step to reach out for help. I know it took me a long time to reach out or open up to anyone. Glad you're here, but sorry for what you've been through. 

On 1/5/2017 at 9:42 PM, xKeepingFaithx said:

Hi everyone.

I thought I'd come here to introduce myself.

I'm Faith...

I was attacked by a stranger almost 5 years ago, and somehow he still has control over my mind. I guess I've come to reach out for some support from people who genuinely know what it feels like to be hurt, rather than people who (no disrespect, and luckily for them), don't have any idea.

Please be gentle with me... I tend to self destruct rather than asking for some help, so this is really a big deal for me.

Thank you for reading this...

:blush:

Hi xKeepingFaithx,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are kind and supportive. Unfortunately, it is difficult to shake that mind control thing, but reaching out to others who understand is a big, first step. I also agree with you, no matter how sympathetic people we know want to be or can be, they really don't know the true struggles and hurt we experience. You will be treated with gentleness here on the site, and we encourage you to be the same with yourself. I wish you well on this continuing journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to AS, Faith. I am sorry for what happened to you 5 years ago. I hope being part of this kind and caring community will provide you with lots of support so that you can heal from this trauma. :notalone: :youcanheal:

@MeBeMary @reglois @EmergingLight @phoenixxx Thank you all for your kind words. Feeling alone is the scariest thing right now. When I feel that I don't have an outlet, things tend to spiral. I'm hoping I'll start to feel more in control soon. I don't like talking about what happened to people who don't understand. But then again, not many people actually do understand, so I'm stuck. Things are bad tonight. :(