Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Ready to reach out.

ANA07

I am never one to feel sorry for myself or seek pitty but lately saying nothing is doing more harm. When I was 14 year old I had a man take advantage of me and take my virginity from me. I've had time to deal with that all, and I know it has messed me up in future relationships but I've learned not every guy is a bad guy. I met someone whom I thought was going to be an amazing friend to have in my life for a long time this year. When tried being more than friends for a couple months but realized that wasn't going to work. During that tims I had told him about what happened to me and he was more than understanding on why I am the way I am. A few weeks ago was his last night before moving to another state and I came over to say goodbye and hangout. His girlfriend was not home and his roommate went into the bathroom so we were left alone. He saw that as an opportunity to try to have sex with me. After he came over to me and kissed me, I pulled back and told him no. I said I did not want to have sex with him, and continued to say no three or four more times. I could tell he was become impatient because soon after that he pulled me up to stand and gave me no choice. One of the only people I told about me being raped did the same exact thing to me. I can't seem to find a way to cope and it just keeps getting worse. I don't want to lose my happy personality, but I feel like slipping away for good.

-A

3 hours ago, ANA07 said:

I am never one to feel sorry for myself or seek pitty but lately saying nothing is doing more harm. When I was 14 year old I had a man take advantage of me and take my virginity from me. I've had time to deal with that all, and I know it has messed me up in future relationships but I've learned not every guy is a bad guy. I met someone whom I thought was going to be an amazing friend to have in my life for a long time this year. When tried being more than friends for a couple months but realized that wasn't going to work. During that tims I had told him about what happened to me and he was more than understanding on why I am the way I am. A few weeks ago was his last night before moving to another state and I came over to say goodbye and hangout. His girlfriend was not home and his roommate went into the bathroom so we were left alone. He saw that as an opportunity to try to have sex with me. After he came over to me and kissed me, I pulled back and told him no. I said I did not want to have sex with him, and continued to say no three or four more times. I could tell he was become impatient because soon after that he pulled me up to stand and gave me no choice. One of the only people I told about me being raped did the same exact thing to me. I can't seem to find a way to cope and it just keeps getting worse. I don't want to lose my happy personality, but I feel like slipping away for good.

-A

Hi A, I am sorry for what happened to you. It is really hard when someone we trust could hurt us. You will find this a supportive site and we are here for each other. Remember you are not alone.

Hi Ana,

Welcome to AS. I'm very sorry for what happened to you at 14 and what has happened with your supposed friend. It is also not wrong to feel bad for yourself, you have been hurt more than you ever deserved. I am sorry this wolf in sheep's clothing took your trust and used it against you. I am glad you have found us, as AS is a very supportive site. It's not an easy path we walk, but reaching out is a big step. I wish you many more forward healing steps on your journey.

Mary

:supportu: