Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Done fighting alone

Hello,

I am new to even admitting that some terrible things happened to me. I have done very well at covering up my feelings and pushing them down so far that I feel nothing.

I have a great life, with a loving husband, but my darkness is getting the best of me. 

I have chosen to start to fight to get myself back before I lose everything good that I have. 

I can't do it alone. My husband is by my side 100%, but he can't shoulder this burden alone either. 

I need to go to therapy, but I am not quite ready yet. 

I need to start taking better care of myself, but I don't yet know how.

This is my first step.

I need to keep going. 

Hi Solace,

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but I am glad that you have taken the step to join us.  You will find a great many supportive people on this forum, and a topic for almost everything (including a space for laughter :) ).  There is also a space for your husband to discuss things / ask questions if he too wants to create an account (under secondary survivors).  Take your time and have a look around.  You're welcome to inbox me if you have further questions.  The recovery journey is often long and very bumpy, but we are here to support you.

Forest x

Hi FindingSolace,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. I think many of us tend to push things down and try to deny it in way, shape, or form. Unfortunately, it always tends to find a way out. I am happy that you have love and support of a husband. This step that you call your first is a huge step. I know reaching out is not easy, but am certain that this is only one step of many on your healing journey. I wish you the best, as you walk this path with us.

Mary

:youcanheal: