Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Me89

Hello all, I am new here and just thought I would introduce myself a bit and say hey.  I am finally beginning to address and acknowledge my experiences after almost 6 years. Also trying to finally admit that the hiding and the ignoring are not working to fix me or help me heal. It is hard though and I am having a tough time with some of it. Hoping to find a safe, supportive community here where I can learn as I continue to heal and grow.

@Me89 

Hi and welcome to AS!  I am sorry for what brought you here but I am so glad you found us.   Healing is hard but you are already well on the path.  It takes courage to admit what happened.   Admitting it happened is the major step to healing.  :notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:.  You will find plenty of support here.  When you are ready, there is a place to tell your story.  Take your time.  No pressure to do anything.  One of the biggest mistakes I made early on was trying to heal and rushing through it.  It's tempting but it is unfair to you.  Give yourself time and above all be good to yourself.   

13 hours ago, Me89 said:

Hello all, I am new here and just thought I would introduce myself a bit and say hey.  I am finally beginning to address and acknowledge my experiences after almost 6 years. Also trying to finally admit that the hiding and the ignoring are not working to fix me or help me heal. It is hard though and I am having a tough time with some of it. Hoping to find a safe, supportive community here where I can learn as I continue to heal and grow.

Hi Me89, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the things that brought you here. It is hard to address and acknowledge the things in our past, but you aren't alone. This is a safe place and we here to help you on your journey of healing.

Me89, welcome I am sorry for what has brought you here but know that you are among encouraging and supportive people here.  You can feel safe here and know that we validate you and are here to help in anyway possible. I also am excited to continue to meet others and learn on my journey of healing. You do not have to feel pressure and just be you. 

I'm new here. My name is Stephanie. I'm 19 years old. On Christmas Eve my husband totaled my car, drinking and driving. He left the car there and it was impounded. I called the police as soon as he told me, so he left me. He has been very abusive since day one.. and now I'm free of the abuse.. but I am miserable. I'm so used to getting hit and yelled at every day. I'm so lonely now. I have nothing.

20 hours ago, Me89 said:

Hi Me,

Welcome to AS. So sorry that you've been hurt. It isn't fair, nor right. You have found a very supportive site with many kind and supportive members. It is big step to reach out, one of many that I am sure you will take. Best wishes on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

4 hours ago, Stephanie from MD said:

I'm new here. My name is Stephanie. I'm 19 years old. On Christmas Eve my husband totaled my car, drinking and driving. He left the car there and it was impounded. I called the police as soon as he told me, so he left me. He has been very abusive since day one.. and now I'm free of the abuse.. but I am miserable. I'm so used to getting hit and yelled at every day. I'm so lonely now. I have nothing.

Hi Stephanie,

A warm welcome to you, as well. I am sorry that you had a jerk of a husband. I know it is hard to regain your footing after an ordeal like this, but just to let you know you do have something. You have a community here that will support and encourage you. It's not always easy, but you are not alone. I wish you the best as you begin your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

7 hours ago, Stephanie from MD said:

Welcome to you too, Stephanie. I am sorry for everything you have gone through as well.

20 hours ago, Stephanie from MD said:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: