Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Finally reaching out. Hello, all.

Another newbie to the forum, seeking support, advice, and legal insight to my current situation which was very recent (3 weeks ago). I am currently on stress leave from work as a result, and am also in therapy. It has truly been a nightmare. Don't even know if I'll be celebrating Christmas this year as I'm just too upset. 

But I do look forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing in experiences that will hopefully help me through (as well as help others as well). Thank you and talk soon!  

Welcome to AS!

I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances that brought you here but glad you found this site! It's been a tremendous help for me and others.

Mandy

2 hours ago, GymRat1982 said:

Another newbie to the forum, seeking support, advice, and legal insight to my current situation which was very recent (3 weeks ago). I am currently on stress leave from work as a result, and am also in therapy. It has truly been a nightmare. Don't even know if I'll be celebrating Christmas this year as I'm just too upset. 

But I do look forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing in experiences that will hopefully help me through (as well as help others as well). Thank you and talk soon!  

Hi Gym, welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you have through. Three weeks ago, I know everything is so raw for you right now. I am glad to se you are looking after yourself taking time off from work and into T. This is a safe place, with very supportive people. For me when I came here it felt good to know I wasn't alone and people understand me. We are here for you.

HI GymRat,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered. Nobody has the right to hurt another in this way. You have found a very supportive site with many kind and understanding members. It takes courage to reach out, and I am so glad you have found us. I wish you the very best as you begin your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the welcome. The police station went well. Was very nerve racking, and took almost 2 hours. But I did the videotaped statement, and answered all questions (the officers I dealt with -  both male  - were very nice and made me feel comfortable). Now I'm just deciding on when to press charges. Holding off for very specific reasons which I'll get into once I have enough posts to post in the "Share My Story" section. But I'm feeling better already. 

Welcome Gymrat. I am sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. 

• 2 weeks later...