Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Salutations

Hi! This might be a bit weirdly organized, but I wasn't sure what to put.

About me: I'm 17 years old. My life differs in some ways to those of many 17-year-olds, however. I don't go to school for full days or have any friends irl because I have chronic migraines, or really one chronic migraine that never goes away.

About my gender: I'm transgender and non-binary. (The easiest explanation of what that means is that I don't feel inside like either a girl or a boy. "Non-binary" is an umbrella term encompassing many individual genders: some non-binary people are in the middle between the two, some are neither but a different gender entirely, some feel like they have no gender, and some feel like their gender changes from day to day.) The pronouns I use are they/them/theirs. Unfortunately, I'm not out irl because of my parents.

Why I'm here: I'm here for the same reasons as most others, I would expect. I want to find people who I can talk to about the not-so-great things without feeling like I'm being a burden or that no one gets it and who can provide an inkling of support because I have none.

So hi c:

Edited by enbytheway
1 hour ago, enbytheway said:

Hi! This might be a bit weirdly organized, but I wasn't sure what to put.

About me: I'm 17 years old. My life differs in some ways to those of many 17-year-olds, however. I don't go to school for full days or have any friends irl because I have chronic migraines, or really one chronic migraine that never goes away.

About my gender: I'm transgender and non-binary. (The easiest explanation of what that means is that I don't feel inside like either a girl or a boy. "Non-binary" is an umbrella term encompassing many individual genders: some non-binary people are in the middle between the two, some are neither but a different gender entirely, some feel like they have no gender, and some feel like their gender changes from day to day.) The pronouns I use are they/them/theirs. Unfortunately, I'm not out irl because of my parents.

Why I'm here: I'm here for the same reasons as most others, I would expect. I want to find people who I can talk to about the not-so-great things without feeling like I'm being a burden or that no one gets it and who can provide an inkling of support because I have none.

So hi c:

Hi ebytheway,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for trauma you have suffered, but you will much support here. I am sorry that the site does not carry alternative gender options, as you are not the first transgender/non-binary member to have asked. Do know it is a technical issue, and nothing more. Everyone is welcome here and will receive support. It takes great courage to reach out and do know that you are not alone. I wish you well on your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for trauma you have suffered, but you will much support here. I am sorry that the site does not carry alternative gender options, as you are not the first transgender/non-binary member to have asked. Do know it is a technical issue, and nothing more. Everyone is welcome here and will receive support. It takes great courage to reach out and do know that you are not alone. I wish you well on your path of healing.

Ahoyhoy and wilkommen

Thank you for helping me feel so welcome! Being not alone is great c:

Welcome and sorry for what brought you here. You'll find there are a lot of different people here all going through a lot of different things almost always someone that's been or going through your situation and everyone here is supportive and nonjudgmental.  Again sorry for whatever brought you here

One