Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

How to use

Violetgem

Welcome violetgem. T stands for therapist, DID means Dissociative Identity Disorder. You tag someone by typing @ followed by a space bar and then the person's username. And you quote someone by pressing 'Quote' under the person's message, or by highlighting the part of the message you want to quote and then clicking on the 'Quote this' banner which appears. Hope this helps. 

Edited by phoenixxx

Hi Violetgem, I have been working on terms that we use at AS, I am not finish with it yet but I will send you what I have so far in the future there will be a link for it.

On After Silence (AS), we use a short form for common words that may not be familiar to you. Here are some of the most common ones used:

• AS = After Silence (the Forum)

• PM = Private Message

• TW = Trigger Warning (contains details of abuse that could upset someone else who reads it and may make them think of their own abuse. So using TW, a person has a choice whether to read the post or not).

• C = Counselor

• T = Therapist

• SI = Self Injury

• IRL = In Real Life

• TY = Thank You

• TC = Take Care

• R or R*** = Rape

• DID= Dissociative Identity Disorder

On AS we also use some terms, such as:

“Pocket Riders”. This is a term we use when someone is doing something they are uncomfortable with and need some support. Since we can’t be there in person, we tell the person that we will “Pocket Ride” along with them so they are not alone.

“Hugs”. We ask someone if it is OK to send a hug.  If they say “yes” then we can put “Safe Hugs”. If they say no to “Hugs”, do not be offended, they are just not comfortable with the word “Hugs”.

“Trigger” (TW). The Post contains details of abuse that could upset someone else who reads it and may make them think of their own abuse. So using TW, a person has a choice whether to read the post or not.

Patricia

9 minutes ago, Violetgem said:

What does it mean to "quote" is that just a way of replying?

Violet, as you can see what you wrote is at the top of this post. It can be used to let  you know someone answered your post. You can also use it if you want to keep a remember what someone is talking about, this is helpful if you lots of  replies to a post, hope this makes  sense.