Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new - taking a leap

lilacwine

hello! 

I found out about this site when i reached a low point. I haven't been able to tell anyone about my rape because I am still in love with the man who did it. I'm scared if i tell my best friends then they will do everything to cut him from my life, and I'm not ready for that at all. I'm trying to deal with all these emotions I have and I thought maybe talking to strangers instead would help. I've never been on a forum before so not too sure how it all works but I thought i'd start with a hello. not sure how i feel about any of this. but i'm glad something like this exists!  

@lilacwine your definitely in the right place to seek some guidance from other survivors. Sorting out your feelings out alone is good to an extent but this sounds pretty serious and you shouldn't be alone in this. I hope there is a friend you can confide and trust in that can lend an ear and some perspective. After my incident I felt ashamed, isolated and had overwhelming emotions that I finally broke  down and spoke with a friend. I had found out from our conversation she had gone through a similar situation and we ended up helping each other. You can always call the hotline number if your feeling unsafe, uncertain, and what you should do.  Sending positive vibes your way  :throb: 

Edited by deval
2 hours ago, lilacwine said:

hello! 

I found out about this site when i reached a low point. I haven't been able to tell anyone about my rape because I am still in love with the man who did it. I'm scared if i tell my best friends then they will do everything to cut him from my life, and I'm not ready for that at all. I'm trying to deal with all these emotions I have and I thought maybe talking to strangers instead would help. I've never been on a forum before so not too sure how it all works but I thought i'd start with a hello. not sure how i feel about any of this. but i'm glad something like this exists!  

Hello lilacwine, I am sorry for what you went through. You took a big step in coming here and share your  secret, it is a hard thing to do. We are here to help you deal with your emotions. Take your time looking over our site. We are here for you.

Patricia

4 hours ago, JustSam said:

@lilacwine I'm so sorry that you have reason to be here but very glad you found this site. I hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I have.

Thanks JustSam, so far it's been helpful to see that there even exists a community like this! 

2 hours ago, deval said:

@lilacwine your definitely in the right place to seek some guidance from other survivors. Sorting out your feelings out alone is good to an extent but this sounds pretty serious and you shouldn't be alone in this. I hope there is a friend you can confide and trust in that can lend an ear and some perspective. After my incident I felt ashamed, isolated and had overwhelming emotions that I finally broke  down and spoke with a friend. I had found out from our conversation she had gone through a similar situation and we ended up helping each other. You can always call the hotline number if your feeling unsafe, uncertain, and what you should do.  Sending positive vibes your way  :throb: 

I know I should confide in my friends, because they would be nothing but supportive. I just can't seem to do it. I've always been the 'strong one'... Maybe i'll find the courage to here. baby steps lol. Thanks for the advice + vibes! 

1 hour ago, patriciag said:

Hello lilacwine, I am sorry for what you went through. You took a big step in coming here and share your  secret, it is a hard thing to do. We are here to help you deal with your emotions. Take your time looking over our site. We are here for you.

Patricia

Thanks Patricia, It was definitely nerve wrecking writing that first post but glad and grateful im here. I've had a quick look and it's amazing how supportive people are!

Thank you!

Welcome lilac! 'Hello' is a good place to start. I am sorry for what brought you here and that you have to deal with it without support in real life. I hope you are safe. This is a wonderful, supportive and non-judgmental environment and I hope it helps you figure out what you want to do and heal from this traumatic experience. 

Hi lilacwine,

welcome to After Silence, I hope being here will be a great help in your healing journey,. I hope you're finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help please dont hesitate to contact me or any member of the Newbie Support team

take care

Paula

On 11/18/2016 at 6:40 AM, lilacwine said:

hello! 

Hi lilacwine,

Welcome to the site. I am sorry for the trauma you have suffered. I'm sorry someone you love was able to hurt you so. How and when and if you decide is your choice, but know that you do have support here in our community. Best wishes as you find that healing path.

Mary

:supportu: