olliebake

New here

I've discovered recently that I do need help, and in fear of telling someone what happened to me, I thought this site would be a good place. I hope that I can finally start healing here, or that I can at least manage to find the courage to tell someone. While I'm still terrified of talking about it in any form, I'm already feeling a bit of relief doing this and I'm very much looking forward to being a part of this community. 

@olliebake AS has been my rock this last couple of months since I joined, everyone is friendly and helpful. 

Edited by Tiredmonkey
Corrected typing

Hi olliebake,

Welcome to AS. Ia m very sorry you experienced trauma. It is not right for anyone to hurt another this way. You have found a very supportive site, tho, with many supportive and understanding members. It is terrifying to imagine about talking to anyone about these things we go thru, but as you look around I do believe you will find it easier to interact here and perhaps find that courage you seek. This truly is a step in the right direction. I wish you many more forward steps as youbeging down this healing path.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi olliebake, welcome to AS. It is hard to take that first step and reach out. This is a very supportive site and sad to say many of us know how you are feeling. For me the biggest thing was to know I am not alone.

Patricia

Welcome to AS olliebake. I hope you find the support you are looking for. This place is safe and non-judgemental and I have found it very helpful many times. Hope you are doing ok. 

Howdy, ollieback, welcome. You don't have to share anything you don't want to (I still haven't shared my story anywhere), you can take things at your own pace, watch for a while, get a feel for the place. Get to know folks before you open up and stuff. It's nice here :3

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu: :notalone::youcanheal:

Hello olliebake,

welcome to After Silence, I hope you are finding your way around the site okay, If you need any help, please contact me or any member of the team, we are here to help

take care

Paula

I am brand new here as well, and newbie to newbie, please feel free to reach out to me anytime!! :):)