Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm that new new..

Lulu16

Hello, 

I am very new at this opening up stuff but I seriously need some help. I have no friends that have experienced what I've experienced and therefore it is kind of difficult to talk to them. While they're supportive, they don't quite know what they're supporting.. You know? Anyway, I'm game to talk to anyone and I love listening and trying to help as much as I love talking.

Xx,

Lulu 

Oh and also, I make jokes when I'm uncomfortable. So please don't be offended if I make jokes if/when you talk to me. I'm just awkward like that.

Oh oh oh and I work night shift. So I'll be on at strange times. 

Okay bye.

Hi Lulu, welcome to AS.

I also never had anyone in real life who could relate to my situation. I hope you find being here as helpful and supportive as I am.

Don't worry about posting at odd times, I think due to time differences and insomniacs, there seems to be people around all the time.

Welcome Lulu, your post made me smile. You seem like a lovely person. I relate to your chatty side :) Sam is right, people are on here at various times, due to time zones and different lifestyles. I totally get your need for a different kind of support. I have people in real life that want to be there for me and it helps, but I really needed a place where I could talk about the kind of worries, fears, and problems that people who haven't gone through sth like this just won\t understand. Or a place where I can talk about this all the time without feeling like a burden. This place is great for that, and I am sure you will find lots of support here. Welcome :hug:if ok. 

Welcome to the forum. Im sure you find some supportive people here. Im also on at strange times. I come from germany so there is about an 6 hour time difference. Funny when I come to chat after work and people wish me good morning. :P

On 11/8/2016 at 2:38 AM, Lulu16 said:

Hello, 

I am very new at this opening up stuff but I seriously need some help. I have no friends that have experienced what I've experienced and therefore it is kind of difficult to talk to them. While they're supportive, they don't quite know what they're supporting.. You know? Anyway, I'm game to talk to anyone and I love listening and trying to help as much as I love talking.

Xx,

Lulu 

Oh and also, I make jokes when I'm uncomfortable. So please don't be offended if I make jokes if/when you talk to me. I'm just awkward like that.

Oh oh oh and I work night shift. So I'll be on at strange times. 

Okay bye.

Hi Lulu,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. The members are kind and understanding. I agree it can be very difficult to talk to someone who really doesn't grasp the hurt you feel. It is a huge step to reach out like this, but one of many forwards steps that I am sure you will take. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome LuLu! Many of us can relate to that struggle for support. They mean well but they just don't know what to say and say the wrong things. You'll find lots of understanding here at AS. So sorry that you NEED to be here, but very happy to have you join us.

Safe hugs, if ok.

Hello LuLu,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the members of the Newbie Support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, please contact me any time if you need any help with any aspect of the site

take care

Paula

Welcome @Lulu16 I also have supportive family and friends but the anonymity here helps me really say how I'm feeling. I'm another one that uses humour and am the joker in my group of friends.