Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi all. 

My name is Brandi and I am a child abuse and sexual abuse survivor.  I am 17 years old and I am almost 1 and a half years free. I am a bit nervous to be starting this as ive never fully dealt with it. I have a son who is 3 months old (not from the sexual abuser) I was abused for about 4 years between 7th-10th grade. The middle of tenth grade I finally had proof for my mother as telling her a few times before did not seem to be enough. And I was moved in with my aunt it took almost 6 months for my abuser to move out into his own home and for me to be able to move back into my mothers home. In between all of this I was suffering from depression and anxiety and was very suicidal.  My abuser was my step dad who I had known for almost 12 years. He pretty much raised me as my father is nonexistent and has an alcohol problem. I guess I'm just looking for someone, anyone really who can relate instead of judging.. 

Hi hidden- princess, welcome to AS, I am sorry for what you have gone through in the past. No one here is going to judge you. I understand what you are going through I was CSA from my father till the age of 10. This is a safe place, we are here for you. You are not alone here. I was a young mom too, 16.

Welcome hidden princess. I am so sorry for what you went through all those years. It must have been incredibly hard. I am sure you will find lots of support here - this is a non-judgmental environment. We are all here for each other. Congratulations on your baby boy. 

3 hours ago, hidden_princess said:

Hi all. 

My name is Brandi and I am a child abuse and sexual abuse survivor.  I am 17 years old and I am almost 1 and a half years free. I am a bit nervous to be starting this as ive never fully dealt with it. I have a son who is 3 months old (not from the sexual abuser) I was abused for about 4 years between 7th-10th grade. The middle of tenth grade I finally had proof for my mother as telling her a few times before did not seem to be enough. And I was moved in with my aunt it took almost 6 months for my abuser to move out into his own home and for me to be able to move back into my mothers home. In between all of this I was suffering from depression and anxiety and was very suicidal.  My abuser was my step dad who I had known for almost 12 years. He pretty much raised me as my father is nonexistent and has an alcohol problem. I guess I'm just looking for someone, anyone really who can relate instead of judging.. 

Hey hun. I'm a new comer as well. Just joined a few days ago actually. So far I have found this to be a very resourceful community. Secondly, I can completely relate to what you're going through mentally, emotionally & what you went through physically! You are not alone in any way! If you have some time you should read my blog & if you feel like we can relate, feel free to private message me. No one can go through what we go through alone. 

• 2 weeks later...