Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to this website

Hi,

This is a new step for me. I've been in therapy for a long time, and at the advice of my therapist, I am giving this a try.  It is already nice to know that there are others out there like me. So I guess I have already accomplished something because I no longer feel completely alone.

I look forward to healing more.....

Robinson

Hey Robinson, good to meet another male survivor. I'm sorry for what brought you here, but hope you find the support you need and look forward to getting chatty with ye.

11 minutes ago, Robinson said:

Thank you. This is a big step for me. It feels both strange and liberating at the same time.

Yeah I know what you mean. I felt the same when I did my first post here. :)

6 hours ago, Robinson said:

Hi,

This is a new step for me. I've been in therapy for a long time, and at the advice of my therapist, I am giving this a try.  It is already nice to know that there are others out there like me. So I guess I have already accomplished something because I no longer feel completely alone.

I look forward to healing more.....

Robinson

Hi Robinson,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are truly understanding and kind. I am glad you no longer feel alone, it is the worst feeling you can have when dealing with the struggles due to your experiences. I am happy you reached out and wish you well as you walk down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you to those of you who have welcomed me. It gives me a lot of hope about the decency of humanity when complete strangers from different corners of the globe can show compassion to one another. 

I've lived with this pain for so long......its time to move forward. 

On a technical note, can someone please tell me what I need to do to gain access to the chat room? Do I need to fill out something? I get an error message saying I haven't been granted access. 

Thanks

hi Robinson,

Welcome to After Silence,

My name is Paula and i am a member of the Newbie Support team, i hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you have any concerns or questions, please contact me or any one of the team

regards,

Paula

Hey Robinson, 

Welcome to AS! I'm so happy you are trying something new and hope you find using this site helpful. I know it has helped me immensely. No matter what you are feeling, you can always post on here without fear. We will be here for you.