Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Looking for help

Hello. I dont know if im posting in tbe right bit but I needed to talk to someone and didnt know where else to turn. on Wednesday last week I was raped on my way home from work. I am married but cant tell my husband, i have spoke to my GP and he just told me to go to the GU clinic. 

I cant sleep and I cant talk to anyone, I just need some help.

Hi Lunamoon, 

Welcome to AS.  Try going to RAINN at www.rainn.org.   They have a crisis chat.  I am sorry you have been through such a terrible experience.   If you are outside of the US, i can research some options for you.  Hang in there.  :notalone:

:notalone:

8 hours ago, Lunamoon said:

Hello. I dont know if im posting in tbe right bit but I needed to talk to someone and didnt know where else to turn. on Wednesday last week I was raped on my way home from work. I am married but cant tell my husband, i have spoke to my GP and he just told me to go to the GU clinic. 

I cant sleep and I cant talk to anyone, I just need some help.

Hi Lunamoon,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced last week. I know how frightening and painful and confusing everything must feel. Nobody ever has the right to hurt another this way, and yet it happens. It was not your fault. You have found a very supportive site with understanding and kind members. We are here for you. Hawkgirl referenced an excellent site with useful and eyeopening information and crisis counseling. I wish you hadn't experienced this, but you are right to reach out. Self-care and support can be a difference maker, even tho nothing probably feels like it can help now. It will take time. I wish you the very best as you begin this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome Lunamoon.  I am sorry this happened to you.  I am a secondary survivor, my wife was raped a little over 23 years ago.  I just learned about the rape last year.  I wish I had known about it sooner because I believe I could have helped to support her through a very difficult time.  Of course, I can't speak for your husband but I can tell you that 23 years of repression has been difficult for my wife but now she is getting the support she needs.

If talking to someone like me is helpful to you ... I am here to listen.  Best wishes to you and your family.

Hi Lunamoon, welcome.

First of all, I am so sorry this happened to you. No one deserves this and i know it can feel like you are all alone, but I assure you you are not. We are all here for you, so don't be afraid to reach out and speak from the heart. Speaking out is the first step to recovery so be proud of yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...