Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and unsure

Hi seallymom,

Welcome to AS. I am so very sorry for the trauma that you experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. It is hard to try something new and different, but remember we all have been new here. Take your time and look around. There is no pressure and no judgement.  It is a really big step to reach out, and I do want to acknowledge you for that. I wish you the best as you travel down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

3 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi seallymom,

Welcome to AS. I am so very sorry for the trauma that you experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. It is hard to try something new and different, but remember we all have been new here. Take your time and look around. There is no pressure and no judgement.  It is a really big step to reach out, and I do want to acknowledge you for that. I wish you the best as you travel down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Edited by seallymom

Welcome to the forum. Its great to have you here and im sure you will find lot of supportive people here. How it works pretty much depends on what you feel comfortable with. Some people want to read for a while until they share something about themselves other are ready to share earlier. Take your time and share something when you feel comfortable with it. 

The chat will be available as soon as you made 10 posts.

15 hours ago, seallymom said:

Thank you for your support. Im really not sure about it all, but I need to begin somewhere and this feels the safest at this point. How do I enter the chat room?

Hi seallymom,

Dieter is correct, The Chat Room, as well as the Share Your Story, will automatically open up to you after 10 posts. These can be originated by you, or responses to others. It really won't take that long, you are already at four.

Take care.

Mary

HI Seallymom, welcome. 

You are right, speaking out is the right step towards recovery. It can be very difficult to reach out at first, so be proud of yourself for your bravery. Don't hesitate to reach out and speak from the heart, we are all here for you.

• 2 weeks later...

So grateful for the support,  an understanding only those who have experienced the trama can know.

I left for a bit. It has been buried for so many years that it feels too big. Too overwhelming. Yet I feel safe thinking of it as a third person spectator. No "feelings" attached.