Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi Tookie, welcome to AS. I am sorry the trauma that you went through. I think we all feel terrified when we first come here. Take your time in sharing, you only share what you want to, there is no pressure. Take your time looking over the site, we are here for you.

Welcome to AS, Tookie. I am sorry that you have a reason to be here. I know how scary it is at the beginning. Just take it slow - in my experience, it gets easier after a while. The first post is so hard and it was very brave of you to reach out and say hi to all of us. Just look around, read, and maybe you will relate somewhere and feel like you want to get involved, or you just want to read and take it all in...up to you. We are here either way. 

Hi Tookie ... I am new here too.  I am also very sorry that you have a reason to be on this site.  I am one of the secondary survivors on this site and if I can ever be of any help, please let me know.  Welcome and you are very strong to take the steps you have already taken.

Welcome to AS. Talking is extremely hard, but I'm beginning to believe it is worth the struggle to be free. As others have said, take your time to feel comfortable. Read what feels safe, post when you're ready - no one will rush you here. :flowers:

Part of me is really afraid to share my story. I don't remember large portions, thanks to being drugged. And I'm afraid that because of that, I'm taking resources away from someone who needs it more than I do. Even though I'm really struggling and need an outlet and friends. My therapist recommended this site. I don't really know what to do. 

8 hours ago, TookieClothespin said:

Hello. I just wanted say hello, and that I'm new here. I'm actually kind of terrified to be here. Talking about it is hard. But I am glad that this place exists and I'm not alone. Thanks.

3 hours ago, TookieClothespin said:

Part of me is really afraid to share my story. I don't remember large portions, thanks to being drugged. And I'm afraid that because of that, I'm taking resources away from someone who needs it more than I do. Even though I'm really struggling and need an outlet and friends. My therapist recommended this site. I don't really know what to do. 

Hi Tookie,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. Nobody has the right to hurt you like this. Take your time around the boards, it will become easier. Only share your story, if you are comfortable doing so. Many of us tell only bits and pieces and others just ask for support from the struggles we now face after our ordeal. Everyone is different, and it's ok. Please also know you are not taking away from anyone by being here. You would might be surprised but memory issues, either by drugs or repressed memories, are not that uncommon. We are here for you and you are not alone. It's a big step to reach out, and I wish you well as you start this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

• 2 weeks later...