Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New secondary

Hi, I found this site as a secondary trying to help my survivor girlfriend and also to have a place to express my own feelings without having to burden her more than necessary. I told her about the forums and she signed up as well, but her account hasn't been approved yet. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long it takes for survivor accounts, as mine was verified in just a few days and it's been going on two weeks for hers. Thanks!

Hi Dogsoverpeople, welcome to AS. It is nice to see people who want to help their love ones through this time. It is also a good support place for you. I would ask at the help desk about your girlfriend account, it shouldn't take this long. I  system did an upgrade recently maybe that had something to do with it.

Welcome to AS, DoP. It is always lovely to see supporters here. Hope you find lots of support here. I would also recommend writing to the help desk to find out what happened with your gfs account. 

On 10/11/2016 at 10:02 PM, dogsoverpeople said:

Hi, I found this site as a secondary trying to help my survivor girlfriend and also to have a place to express my own feelings without having to burden her more than necessary. I told her about the forums and she signed up as well, but her account hasn't been approved yet. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long it takes for survivor accounts, as mine was verified in just a few days and it's been going on two weeks for hers. Thanks!

Hi dogsoverpeople,

Welcome to AS. I am always happy to see secondary survivors on the site. It tells me somebody is fortunate enough to have support in their everyday life. It may not seem like a lot to you, but many survivor's do not have that. That being said, I do know it is not easy for you, caring for someone who has been hurt. You do have support, as well as your girlfriend. Patricia is correct, it should not take this long to be approved. Sometimes it can be email setting, too. I know a few people have had issues with emails going to spam. The helpdesk is a good option, as well. The mod who responds will be able to give you some good feedback or suggestions.

:aswelcomesu:

Mary

Hey and welcome!   Your beloved may need to check her spam file.  I know when I signed up it didn't appear in my inbox. I had to check spam and do a search for it.  I think this may help her find her information.  Welcome to AS.   The Puppy Dancers.... :-)

:lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear::lindybear:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu: :notalone::youcanheal: