Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Been reading for awhile, first time posting

Started therapy a few months ago, was diagnosed with PTSD. I've had multiple traumas... Feeling scared about reaching out, but I know that it is valuable. So glad that this board exists. 

By the way, is the chatroom still available? Do I just need to go through an extra step to join?

Welcome to the forum. Its normal to be scared about reaching out. With every post it gets easier and you feel more comfortable because you see how much support you are getting and that you are not alone. Just take your time and share whenever you are ready to do so. The chat gets unlocked whenever you had 10 posts. Hope you will feel comfortable here.

3 hours ago, thosekittenstho said:

Started therapy a few months ago, was diagnosed with PTSD. I've had multiple traumas... Feeling scared about reaching out, but I know that it is valuable. So glad that this board exists. 

By the way, is the chatroom still available? Do I just need to go through an extra step to join?

Hi thosekittenstho,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas that you've experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are truly kind and understanding. We all know how hard it is to reach out, but you have made that very important first step. Take your time, and I am sure many more forward bound steps will come. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

You have the best username ^_^ Welcome :3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu: :notalone::youcanheal: