Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new and nervous

jidfr

hi all,

I'm new to all of this but I've never been on an online forum like this and am very nervous. I hoping that being on here will help with my recovery. I also am hoping it will help me feel less alone (& it already has). Things have been getting worse ever since everything happened (about a month) and I don't really know how to feel better anymore. Sorry I'm not sure what else to say (or why I decided to post this) but yeah here it is!

Welcome to the forum. Im sure you find lot of supportive people here. Sharing with others like me really helped me so much in the healing process. You are not alone.

54 minutes ago, jidfr said:

hi all,

I'm new to all of this but I've never been on an online forum like this and am very nervous. I hoping that being on here will help with my recovery. I also am hoping it will help me feel less alone (& it already has). Things have been getting worse ever since everything happened (about a month) and I don't really know how to feel better anymore. Sorry I'm not sure what else to say (or why I decided to post this) but yeah here it is!

Hello jidfr and welcome to AS. It is normal to be nervous. It makes sense to post here, because this way we can welcome you and when we see your name pop up in a different conversation we recognise you. I am sorry for what happened to you a month ago. That is still so fresh and I can imagine it is really hard right now. It's normal for things to get worse after a little while. I think the first phase is something like shock, and then comes the phase where the nightmares and flashbacks and things like that roll in. I am sorry you are going through that. You are most certainly not alone. I hope you find all the support you can get here. You deserve it. Reach out here on AS, you will see everyone is very kind and most likely many of us have gone through similar struggles. :notalone::youcanheal:

@jidfr 

Hi, welcome to AS.  Glad you are here.  Take your time and share as little or as much as you want.  This place has a lot of helpful and supportive people here.  I have found it helpful in my own recovery.   I know it may not seem like it now,, but you aren't alone.  Not in the least.  You are not alone and you can heal.  :notalone: :supportu: 

Edited by Hawkgirl
21 hours ago, jidfr said:

hi all,

Hi jidfr,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry about your horrible experience last month. It was wrong for anybody to hurt you this way. You have found a supportive site tho, with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone, as we all walk this healing journey with you. I wish you the very best.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Jidfr, welcome to AS, you can say anything. This is a safe place. :hug: Feel free to post your thoughts, and feelings anytime that is what we are here for. And YES!!! this is an understanding place, a place to find comfort and encouragement in your healing process. You can be as detailed as you want to be. The process of healing often times is harder at first but 'KNOW' that it does get better. AND please don't give up when you have setbacks, they will come. I heard a quote on one of my favorite shows that I love to remind myself of it helps me get through: "Scars show us where we came from, but they don't have to dictate where we are going." You will be unconditionally loved and accepted here. :notalone: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu: :notalone::youcanheal: