Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Mollcee

Hi all,

I was hesitant about starting a post, or even an account, as this is all brand new to me. I've recently began acknowledging a part of my life that I feel like I've blacked out for the past 7 years. Although a while has gone by, the wounds are still very fresh and I am ready to heal by sharing my story as well as supporting others. I'm hoping this will finally allow me to gain a sense of relief and unburden myself. 

Thank you.

Hi Mollcee, welcome to AS. I understand your feelings about being hesitant we have all felt that way. I am sorry for the  trauma that you went through, we are here to help you and for me it was nice to know I wasn't alone anymore. Take your time looking over the site, we are here for you.

Hi Mollcee,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry you've been hurt, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here truly understand. I know personally from not dealing with the emotions of abuse can eventually catch up to you. I'm sorry you are experiencing that now. I am glad you have found us, tho, and have decided to reach out. Reaching out is a huge step to take in moving forward. I wish you many more steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome MollCee. I understand not acknowledging things to you for a while. Sometimes it is the only way to cope. I am glad that you are ready to heal and have come to AS. This is a wonderful, safe and supportive site. I hope you find lots of relief here and that you are able to share as much as you want so you can find relief. All the best to you. 

@MeBeMary Thank you so much for your support. I am hoping to offer the same to others as well as I move forward on this journey.

@phoenixxx I agree, it is easy to cope when you don't acknowledge it, although I am now finding that it does come back to catch up. Thank you for your kind words. I finally got myself to share my story today and am already to beginning to feel just a little bit of the weight off my shoulders, but I know it takes time.