Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I feel bad because I am not American

There are extremely limited resources in my country for sexual assault victims despite being an extremely lucky, rich nation. Even in the most populated city I can't find a support group. There is 1 at a major hospital that I might call next week if I can stop freezing. 

I have had my log -in to this site for and while a haven't posted yet because I keep freezing.

Edited by Blue Baloni

Welcome to the forum. Just take your time until you are to share with others. I can relate to what you are saying. Im also dont live in the US and things are really quite limited here. I also wanted to join a support group to meet with people like me in real but I really couldnt find any. Support groups here are very rare even in big cities. Lot of those support groups are focused on female survivors and males are not allowed to join. I managed to find one group but I could see from their website they stopped meeting since years. Most of the help here is focused on social services and the support of people who deal with the long term effects of abuse is really poor. 

Its great that you finally found a support group and you should give it a try. I hope you can find the strength going there and I would be glad if you gave us feedback how it went. 

6 hours ago, Blue Baloni said:

There are extremely limited resources in my country for sexual assault victims despite being an extremely lucky, rich nation. Even in the most populated city I can't find a support group. There is 1 at a major hospital that I might call next week if I can stop freezing. 

I have had my log -in to this site for and while a haven't posted yet because I keep freezing.

Hi Blue Baloni and welcome to AS. I am sorry for the   trauma that you have gone through and not being able to find the support you needed. We are here to support you in any way we can.  It is sad to say there are many who understand what you are feeling, you are not alone here.

Hi Blue,

Welcome to AS (After Silence)!   :wave:

I'm not sure why you feel bad for not being an American.  It's totally okay to be from anywhere in the world in joining and belonging to AS.  This is a world wide site not strictly U.S.A. and there are many from the UK, Australia, South Africa, Estonia, and many other nations throughout the world.  I guess most of the posts are in English but that is mostly because so many people throughout the world can understand it. 

I'm sorry to hear about the lack of resources for survivors wherever you are from but again, you're certainly welcome here on AS!!!

Activist Ally

16 hours ago, Blue Baloni said:

Hi Blue Baloni,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry that you have experienced trauma. It is not right to be hurt like this anywhere in the world, and you are accepted here. I understand nervousness and fear. It's not an easy thing to go thru. You will find tons of support here. Take your time and post as you become comfort. It is hard to reach out, as we all know well, but I commend you for taking this step. Freezing or no freezing, this is one hug step you have taken on this healing journey. I wish you the best, as many more are surely to come.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Blue Baloni,

I am so sorry for the trauma you have experienced.  I can understand wanting to be able to attend a group someplace and meeting with people in real life.  Never feel bad about where you are from.  America can be it's own adventure.  If I can help you research resources, feel free to let me know.  No pressure.  Any country will do. Just name the country. I research things for a social justice group and don't mind helping if I can.  I am glad you found AS.   I echo phoenixxx and the others.  :notalone::supportu: and most of all :youcanheal:.   Take your time, and keep looking up.