Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Person

Memis

Hi, my name is Sara. I have recently undergone a campus assault and I am having a very difficult time coping. I thought this might be a good first step to getting my life on track. If someone could please direct me to a forum where I could discuss a little further on what happened, and how to deal with all that is going on inside my head, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Sara, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am glad you have found this place as it has helped me a lot. You sound like you must be really brave to be starting to seek support through this. Most of the forums here are pretty well described. I know that to share your story you have to have 10 posts in other forums to unlock that one. Good luck on your journey. 

34 minutes ago, Memis said:

Hi, my name is Sara. I have recently undergone a campus assault and I am having a very difficult time coping. I thought this might be a good first step to getting my life on track. If someone could please direct me to a forum where I could discuss a little further on what happened, and how to deal with all that is going on inside my head, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Hi Sara, welcome to AS, I am sorry about the assault that you went through. It is  understandable that you are having a difficult time coping. We are here to help you in anyway that we can. There is a forum called Share Your Story, you need 10 post to get into it, it is one of more  protected forums if you feel you need to share now and not wait for 10 post, you can post in the Gathering Place. :notalone:

Welcome, Sara. I'm so sorry for what you went through. This community is very supportive and understanding and will be here to support and encourage you. Another forum is S Assault: different types. You may find one or more categories that you identify with. My you find hope and healing. --Kris

21 hours ago, Memis said:

Hi Memis,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for your recently experienced trauma. Nobody had the right to hurt you. As others have mentioned, Share Your Story requires 10 posts to enter, but we have many forums that you can also post in for anything less than your detailed story. We have forums to discuss your struggles and places that you can post for general support. Ten posts will come quickly. I am glad you are reaching out to us and wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: