Powerless

New here

Hi Iam new here and iam 23 it took me a while to check out this site I thought a support group might be good but Iam also scared to be here, but I feel like it might help

Heya,powerless. Welcome.  And I felt alike you did,i wasn't confident to post anything .  AS is like a family,and they're people that care about each other.  No matter what. 

I'm whiteraven and it's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to AS. 

:bighug::notalone::supportu::youcanheal:

Edited by Whiteraven

This is my first time reaching out to a support group and Iam a little a  nervous

Edited by Powerless

Welcome, powerful. Don't worry, everyone feels nervous at the beginning. Take your time, look around, read other peoples' posts and just take it step by step. You will see, after a while it gets a little easier. And you don't have to worry - this site is a safe place to heal and share your experiences (if you want). Everyone is very supportive and non-judgmental. 

Hi there Powerful!   There is nothing wrong with being nervous.  I think you will find the group here quite supportive.  I call you Powerful because that is who you are.  In time,  you will see that. In the meantime, I don't think there is a group that is not covered here. The pain we have in common unites us.  The healing we are pursuing allows us to draw from each other's strength.  It is ok to be nervous.  My first support group was a bit intimidating. But the good news is, the powerlessness you feel, will not be like this always..  You are a survivor.  You are hurting right now.  that is ok.   By coming here, you have started to heal.  That is a very powerful thing.   

6 hours ago, Hawkgirl said:

Hi there Powerful!   There is nothing wrong with being nervous.  I think you will find the group here quite supportive.  I call you Powerful because that is who you are.  In time,  you will see that. In the meantime, I don't think there is a group that is not covered here. The pain we have in common unites us.  The healing we are pursuing allows us to draw from each other's strength.  It is ok to be nervous.  My first support group was a bit intimidating. But the good news is, the powerlessness you feel, will not be like this always..  You are a survivor.  You are hurting right now.  that is ok.   By coming here, you have started to heal.  That is a very powerful thing.   

Agreed. That is why I called you powerful as well. :) :hug:

On 9/13/2016 at 5:58 PM, Powerless said:

Hi Iam new here and iam 23 it took me a while to check out this site I thought a support group might be good but Iam also scared to be here, but I feel like it might help

On 9/13/2016 at 6:08 PM, Powerless said:

This is my first time reaching out to a support group and Iam a little a  nervous

Hi Power,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. As the others have said, it is quite normal to be nervous and scared to start, after all, it is a very difficult to take that first step, but you have and that takes courage. Take it slow, and it will eventually get easier. The members here are kind and understanding and will never judge or pressure you. I am glad you have found us and wish you the very best as you begin this very difficult, but very possible, healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you for all of your words of incriminate and to know that the feeling of feeling powerless will start to go away in time 

I'm not calling you powerless. Your strong and brave and deserve love and support. What your going through is a very challenging and often confusing thing. You have the power. You have the strength. Do not doubt yourself.

Yo power 

welcome :notalone: take your time.  Get use to the thread and when you feel ready post or reply there are really great and supportive people on AS.  

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu: :notalone::youcanheal: