Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hazine

Hi, I am Hazine and I am taking the first steps to actually getting healthy for me.  I am a survivor of seventeen years from my sa, and I have never asked for help with dealing with since it was a taboo topic with family. I am 34 years old, with no children but two furbabies in the form of rabbits.  I do have a support system of friends who say I need the help to stop existing with my life and to learn how to live it instead.  So this is my healthy attempt at starting to move forward.  It is nice to meet ya'll and thank you for reading this. 

Welcome Hazine,

I am so sorry for what happened to you 17 years ago, but I am glad that you have support from your friends in real life and that you found AS. You will see, people here are incredibly kind and supportive and it is so helpful to share with others who have been through something similar. I wish you all the best with this positive step of moving forwards in your life! 

16 hours ago, Hazine said:

Hi, I am Hazine and I am taking the first steps to actually getting healthy for me.  I am a survivor of seventeen years from my sa, and I have never asked for help with dealing with since it was a taboo topic with family. I am 34 years old, with no children but two furbabies in the form of rabbits.  I do have a support system of friends who say I need the help to stop existing with my life and to learn how to live it instead.  So this is my healthy attempt at starting to move forward.  It is nice to meet ya'll and thank you for reading this. 

Hi Hazine, welcome to AS, I know this is a hard first step but you did it. I am sorry about your abuse. The one thing about here is you are not alone and we know how you feel. It sounds like you have great support team and I know you find the same here. Your friends are right it is time to live life.

Hi Hazine,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you suffered. It wasn't fair and nobody and the right to hurt you like this. I am sorry that the topic was taboo within your family, but I am glad you do have a support system of friends. This is a good step to try and take steps of living, as the members here really do understand what you've been thru. I wish you well as you make more steps down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Hazine,

Welcome to AS.   :-). Glad you are here.  Your friends are right, it is time to stop existing and start living it.   It is hard to do sometimes when that spectre is behind you, with its invisible chains.   You deserve to be happy and you don't have to keep the secret anymore.   This stuff does hurt.  Dealing with it can be difficult.  It can even hurt.  However much like setting a broken bone, it is not healed when the cast is put on, it is healed when the cast comes off. You aren't alone.  It wasn't your fault and most importantly, you didn't deserve it.  There is nothing you could have done to justify the abuse.  Nothing at all.   You were innocent and it was not your fault.   Keep looking up.