Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm new

WinterCat

Hello, I debated signing up for this site for a long time, mostly because I've been worried that my story doesn't count as I was told by the person who attacked me. I was sexually assaulted 11 years ago and the threats and persuasion my attacker used kept me from telling anyone it ever happened. As I said, I thought it didn't count or that it wasn't something that deserved attention and I kept it to myself for so long. I can't shake the sadness, fear, anger and guilt by myself anymore. I want someone to hear me and believe me when I say I'm sorry, even if I'm thought of as a bad person now. I can explain why in a later post.

Thank you for having me here

Welcome to AS although I am sorry you have such a reason to be here..

Here you will be believed and we are all here to listen to you when you are ready to talk.

7 hours ago, WinterCat said:

Hello, I debated signing up for this site for a long time, mostly because I've been worried that my story doesn't count as I was told by the person who attacked me. I was sexually assaulted 11 years ago and the threats and persuasion my attacker used kept me from telling anyone it ever happened. As I said, I thought it didn't count or that it wasn't something that deserved attention and I kept it to myself for so long. I can't shake the sadness, fear, anger and guilt by myself anymore. I want someone to hear me and believe me when I say I'm sorry, even if I'm thought of as a bad person now. I can explain why in a later post.

Hello WinterCat and welcome to AS. I am glad you signed up for this site. Your story does count. I am sorry for what happened to you. You can't believe what your attacker told you but you can believe what your inner voice tells you.

You are not a bad person. You are not alone here, we are here to help you.

On 9/9/2016 at 4:09 PM, WinterCat said:

Hi WinterCat,

Welcome to AS. I am so very sorry that you were hurt, but you and your story does count. I believe most of us go thru the "it didn't count", "it wasn't that bad", or the worst of it, the "it was my fault" emotions. Emotions are not always facts tho, and I think we all need to look at the facts and try to change these confused emotions. Nobody has the right to hurt another in this way. It wasn't right and it wasn't deserved. He was wrong, not you. You will be heard here and never judged. You will receive and deserve to received support, kindness and understanding here. I wish you the best as you walk down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: