Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

profile/account gender options

hello, and to the moderators, thank you for all you do here. i am new but already very grateful this space exists.

i am writing to ask if it's possible to have my profile more accurately reflect my gender. i am a non-binary trans person - i do not identify as male or as female. i was disheartened when, upon registration, i had to choose between male and female - moreso when i saw how everyone sees "male" when i post. (that is why i chose the name "neither"). being non-binary is a big part of who i am, and it relates to some of my experiences a survivor, as well as my great difficulty finding resources.

i don't want to lay it on too thick here. but i do want to ask: is there any way to either remove or change the gender on my profile, to anything other than "male" or "female"?

Hey, welcome to the boards :) so glad you found us! Im a chat moderator here so this isnt my area, but im sure a moderator or admin will be along soon to let you know about this. For now - i do know that on your profile there is an area called rank ive used mine to let people know my name use to be billie but you can use it to say anything about yourself. Maybe you could change yours to say nnon-binary? Just a suggestion while you wait to hear back about this. That may help you to feel more settled, because when people view your profile they will also see the non-binary part.

Take care

Winterwishes 

Winterwishes gave a great option for you to use. We are unable to change the Male/Female only options as this is how this software was developed. Sorry!

thanks Winterwishes! hopefully other users will understand :)

Rose, obviously i am a little disappointed to hear that, but i do appreciate you taking the time to respond and tell me the reason.

be well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neither,

I never thought of that, you're right, its really unfortunate there aren't more gender options. What you could do, as well as what Winterwishes suggested, is change your gender in your settings to female because it is only male that shows as 'M. Member'. Female does not show on your profile, so all that people would see would be your name then 'member' then the caption you choose to write underneath.

Reyzl