may this message find everyone safe and well.

i am new to this forum and still looking around. i survived sexual violence both in my youth and in my adult life. some events that were blocked out for a long time, have been coming back lately as well. been having a rough time, don't sleep much, (stop me when you've heard this one before :wink: ). i called a hotline and shared how what i really wanted was to listen and talk with peers, other survivors. the person on the other end of the line directed me here.

'til next time...

Welcome neither! I am sorry that you had to experience sexual violence in your life. Calling the helpline was a brave step and I am glad they directed you here. This is a safe and supportive place to share (if and when you want to) and to find support for your healing. I wish you all the best. 

Hello, welcome to the forum. I hope you find the support you deserve and need.

23 hours ago, neither said:

may this message find everyone safe and well.

i am new to this forum and still looking around. i survived sexual violence both in my youth and in my adult life. some events that were blocked out for a long time, have been coming back lately as well. been having a rough time, don't sleep much, (stop me when you've heard this one before :wink: ). i called a hotline and shared how what i really wanted was to listen and talk with peers, other survivors. the person on the other end of the line directed me here.

'til next time...

Hi neither,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered traumas in your life. Nobody has that right. Memory is a funny thing and you may be surprised it can be common to not remember any or parts of a trauma. I am glad the hotline directed you here. Reaching out is a huge step, one of many I wish to you.

Mary

:youcanheal:

@phoenixxx, @reglois, @SilentBird & @MeBeMary-

thank you all so much for the warm welcome :)

you might not know it from all my posting around but it was very hard to step to take coming here. glad & grateful that i did though.

only wish i knew about it sooner!

anyway, wishing each of you a wonderful day :wave:

Yes, it is hard for most people to seek support. It makes most people feel vulnerable.

7 hours ago, neither said:

@phoenixxx, @reglois, @SilentBird & @MeBeMary-

thank you all so much for the warm welcome :)

you might not know it from all my posting around but it was very hard to step to take coming here. glad & grateful that i did though.

only wish i knew about it sooner!

anyway, wishing each of you a wonderful day :wave:

I understand, it was for me, too, when I first posted. Hope you had a good day too :)

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu: :notalone::youcanheal: