Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello I am new to this website

For a few years in high school my younger brother sexually assaulted me, and now in college I am trying to cope with it. I am hoping that posting on this forum may give me some support that I am in need of. Also it gives me a chance to tell my story without the pressure of being judged by someone I know.

Hi Berry50, I'm also pretty new to this. I was also sexually abused by my brother as a child, and didn't start unpacking and healing until college either. I hope you find great comfort in sharing your story here, and I hope it gives you the strength to share with the people in your life you care about. I'm so sorry for what happened to you that brought you here, but I'm glad you found this site if it will help. 

8 hours ago, Berry50 said:

For a few years in high school my younger brother sexually assaulted me, and now in college I am trying to cope with it. I am hoping that posting on this forum may give me some support that I am in need of. Also it gives me a chance to tell my story without the pressure of being judged by someone I know.

Hi Berry, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the abuse that you went through with your brother. You don't have to worry about anyone judging you here. Take your time to look over the site and we are here for you when you want to share.

14 hours ago, Ellemenoh P said:

Hi Berry50, I'm also pretty new to this. I was also sexually abused by my brother as a child, and didn't start unpacking and healing until college either. I hope you find great comfort in sharing your story here, and I hope it gives you the strength to share with the people in your life you care about. I'm so sorry for what happened to you that brought you here, but I'm glad you found this site if it will help. 

Thank you. I wish the best for you as well

19 hours ago, Berry50 said:

Hi Berry,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you suffered by your brother. There is no justification for hurting someone in this way. You will find plenty of support here from many kind and understand members. This is a safe place without judgment or pressure. It's a big step to reach out, and I wish you the best as you make more steps forward.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi Berry

welcome to After Silence, I've sorry for all you've gone through, i hope being here will help you on your healing journey. If you need any help with the board, please contact me or one of the Newbie support team

take care, Paula :aswelcomesu::supportu:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: