Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings, Earthlings

LaSol3

I'm sorry, I'm new here so I don't really know how or when to start going through all the information here!  I just know that this could a place of healing for me.  Any tips would be great!  How do I begin making connections?  

Hello LaSol3 and welcome to AS! I have found this a very therapeutic place where I can get my feelings out. I think you have to make at least 10 posts, or comment 10 times on others posts before you can access chat which is where I have made friends. It's nice to be able to talk to a community of people who actually understand. You are not alone! Sorry for the reasons that bring you here. I support your healing 100%!

6 hours ago, LaSol3 said:

I'm sorry, I'm new here so I don't really know how or when to start going through all the information here!  I just know that this could a place of healing for me.  Any tips would be great!  How do I begin making connections?  

Hi LaSo welcome to AS, I am sorry for what brought you here. This is a good site with many people who understand what you have been through. It can be overwhelming at the beginning but you will get use to it. Loveable is right you need 10 post to get into The Chat Room and Share your story forum. We are here to help you, take your time to get to know the site.

Hi LaSol,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced. It was not right, as nobody has the right to hurt you. It is a big site, and I understand how it might be overwhelming at first. Take your time and go at your own pace. Check the forum headings and let that help guide you. Post and respond when comfortable. It is a huge step to reach out, and I'm sure many more steps will come on your journey. I wish you well.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome LaSol. No need to apologise for anything - we all started at the beginning at some point and weren't sure how everything works. I remember that the first 10 posts or so so were still quite weird for me to post and I was unsure of what to do. But it gets easier and you will get to know people more closely soon by reading and replying to their posts or through them replying to something you have shared. Hope you find lots of support here. It's a great place for healing. 

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: