Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

Kate88

Hi there,

I'm new here and desperate to find people who understand what I'm feeling.  I was attacked in 2008 and didn't tell anyone until last month--I still haven't been able to tell my family or close friends.  Since I never wanted to admit what happened--even to myself--I never sought help; I just pretended that nothing happened.  I've started trying to deal with it, but I'm incredibly overwhelmed and feel very, very alone.  I'm so happy to be here and to possibly find people who understand what I'm feeling!

Hi Kate,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but please believe, you are not alone. Many of us try to deny the horrific things done to us, hoping that the thoughts, feelings, and struggles that go with this type of trauma will just go away. Unfortunately, it doesn't just go away. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. It is a big step to reach out, and I am sure you will take many more steps with us on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome Kate! You have found a great place where people really understand and are incredibly supportive. I'm sorry you have a reason for being here but glad you have reached out. Hope this community helps you heal. 

It sucks that victims feel like they have to hide their pain because of the nature of the crime. Being sexually violated just feels so personal and it's not something we are comfortable talking about. Our body is no one else's business, and it belongs only to us..... So when someone hurts you that way it feels like we are the disgusting ones for talking about it.

this is a judgement free zone. You are safe here I promise. :)

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: