Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Well hello there!

I'm Cait, and I'm new. I am a survivor of child sexual abuse and a fairly recent sexual assault as an adult. I worked hard to get to a healthy place, and had been doing so well until this more recent attack. I've put off taking care of myself, and I'm glad to finally be here. I hope I can support many of you and receive your kind support in return. 

A little about me... I'm moving from the U.S. to East Africa in the next month. I am a new mom. And I'm feeling pretty stressed!

Nothing but love :throb:

Edited by Ellemenoh P

Welcome Cait. I am sorry for what happened to you as a child and also more recently, but I am glad that you found AS. This is a great place to find support and heal. I can imagine why you would be stressed with such a big move coming up! Hope you find the support you deserve here! :throb::hug:if ok. 

East Africa??? What the heck for??? Be careful out there.....

:aswelcomesu: :notalone: I was molested by an older boy when I was 5 years old. He tricked me into liking it ( I'm not gay but I think I use to be when I was a child. I don't know and at this point it doesn't even matter )..... I'm a straight man so it's totally not a comfortable topic for me to talk about even in therapy. I'm glad this site exists.

1 hour ago, Ellemenoh P said:

I'm Cait, and I'm new. I am a survivor of child sexual abuse and a fairly recent sexual assault as an adult. I worked hard to get to a healthy place, and had been doing so well until this more recent attack. I've put off taking care of myself, and I'm glad to finally be here. I hope I can support many of you and receive your kind support in return. 

HiA little about me... I'm moving from the U.S. to East Africa in the next month. I am a new mom. And I'm feeling pretty stressed!

Hi Ellemenoh, welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you suffered from your child abuse and your assault. You have a lot of things going on in your life right. This is a supportive group and you aren't alone here. We are here for you.  Congregations on your new baby :throb:

Thank you phoenixxx, sociallyawkward and Patricia for reading and taking the time to respond.  I am moving to Kenya for a job. A wonderful job I've wanted for years actually! And I have a supportive husband and a sweet baby. I really have a ton to be thankful for, but I'm feeling a lot of anxiety over being in a new role and being uprooted and planted in a whole new place soon.

I'm just glad this site exists so I can have a support team even when I'm in my new home!

9 hours ago, Ellemenoh P said:

A little about me... I'm moving from the U.S. to East Africa in the next month. I am a new mom. And I'm feeling pretty stressed!

Hi Ellemenoh P,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you suffered during your childhood and your most recent SA. You have found a very supportive site with many kind and understanding members. I am glad you have decided it is time to take care of yourself. You are important and you are worthy of a healthy, happy life. You do seem to have some big things going on in your life, and tho they are good things, they are big things. I can understand how you are feeling a bit stressed. I wish you the best as you travel down this healing road.

:notalone:

Mary

BTW...a big congratulations on the little one! :flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: