Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

kelly

I'm Kelly, and I've never done anything like this before. I've been trying to recover from sexual abuse that I experienced in high school for a while now, and am looking for support in new ways. I'm a little nervous about trying a support group, but it's good to know that I'm not on my own in this. 

Hi Kelly welcome to AS. It is  scary to try something new, this is a safe place and sad to say there are many of us here. We will be here as your start your journey of healing.

Welcome  Kelly. It is normal to be nervous. I was very nervous too when I wrote my first post. It gets easier with every new post you write. I am sorry for what happened to you in high school, but I am glad you found AS. I hope that you will find the support that you deserve here. :notalone:

19 hours ago, kelly said:

I'm Kelly, and I've never done anything like this before. I've been trying to recover from sexual abuse that I experienced in high school for a while now, and am looking for support in new ways. I'm a little nervous about trying a support group, but it's good to know that I'm not on my own in this. 

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas that you suffered in high school. Nobody had the right to hurt you like this. But you have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. We have all been new before and understand, just take it at your own pace, and your comfort level will increase. It took great courage to reach out, something you should give yourself credit for. I wish you well as you walk down this healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: