Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

I'm new here, new to finding help surviving. I started counseling and a support group but don't find it helpful daily, at least not yet. Not sure how this works but need to find something else to help, to try and change. Don't much like how the past haunts the present so much. 

:hi: Hi Kathy

Welcome to AS (After Silence). I am glad you are getting counseling and a support group but sorry it is not as helpful as it might be as of yet.  I hope that this site and the people here can be a good part of your support system to help you along as you work for healing the past so your present is happier.

Strength to you,

Activist Ally

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

On 8/15/2016 at 6:28 PM, Kathyps33 said:

I'm new here, new to finding help surviving. I started counseling and a support group but don't find it helpful daily, at least not yet. Not sure how this works but need to find something else to help, to try and change. Don't much like how the past haunts the present so much. 

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have experienced trauma, but you have found a supportive and safe site. We are always here, so maybe for the random daily struggles, you will find yourself not so alone. Being haunted by the past is so unfair, but what we survivors must deal with. I wish you well as you journey down your healing path.

Mary

:supportu: