Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm Saige

Hello everyone,

My name's Saige (weird, I know. It's pronounced like the plant) and I'm sixteen. I am a junior in high school. I love art and it's pretty much the only reason I still exist.

I'm a guy, which makes what happened a lot more embarrassing. I've had hard stuff throughout my childhood, but the big definable thing happened in March. Nobody believes that it hurt me and I'm tired of having to keep everything bottled up inside of me. I'm hoping to find some support and maybe healing so that the coming school year is a bit easier to get through.

I'm sorry if I did this wrong. Talking about stuff like this is all new to me.

2 hours ago, birdbones said:

Hello everyone,

My name's Saige (weird, I know. It's pronounced like the plant) and I'm sixteen. I am a junior in high school. I love art and it's pretty much the only reason I still exist.

I'm a guy, which makes what happened a lot more embarrassing. I've had hard stuff throughout my childhood, but the big definable thing happened in March. Nobody believes that it hurt me and I'm tired of having to keep everything bottled up inside of me. I'm hoping to find some support and maybe healing so that the coming school year is a bit easier to get through.

Hi Saige, welcome to AS. I think your name. I am sorry you have had a rough childhood. It is good not to keep bottled up inside of you. This is a very supportive site, we are here when you are ready. :notalone:

On August 11, 2016 at 10:18 AM, birdbones said:

Hello everyone,

Welcome to AS Saige, just b/c your a guy doesn't make it embarrassing, someone hurt you and you are allowed to feel like they did, people don't understand sometimes.

There's a teen fourm too, it's ok your here to tell your story and if you don't know where to start it's ok not to know, believe me my minds all jumbled up b/c of dissociation.  

Feel free to tell us, this community is very supportive:)

Sitting with you if it's ok:candle:

Edited by Hannah343

Welcome to Pandy's birdbones ( I'm not going to remember your name so I might as well stick to using your screen name )

I'm a guy too and I'm straight which is why it's so embarrassing talking about what I went through ( which is not even something I can call rape or abuse). You have to remember it was them that did something bad to you. Not the other way around.

10 hours ago, birdbones said:

Hello everyone,

Hi Saige,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry about the traumas that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here really are kind and understanding. Please know what happened to you was wrong, but was not your fault. Nobody had to right to hurt you as they did, not as a child and not now. I am sorry that nobody believed you. You are believed here. Altho, you may find it embarrassing that it has happened to you, please realize that it's really not as uncommon as you may think. The biggest difference between guys and girls, is that guys are more likely to not acknowledge what has happened, therefore you do not hear about it as often. We have a modest sized group of courageous male survivors on this site that have acknowledge the trauma they have suffered. I find them very courageous. I find you courageous. Reaching out is a huge step, and I wish you the best as you take more steps down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS Saige. I like your name. I am sorry that you have a reason to be here, but please don't be embarrassed. Shame is something we all struggle with but you have found a very supportive, non-judgmental site. 

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Sometimes you cant help feeling a certain way about something that happened to you. It's ok to feel embarrassed.. AS you heal, you'll have many different emotions about what happened. I hope you find the support you need while you're here. <3