Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello from Morai

Hello, I'm Morai.

I'm 20, from the UK and I've reached my breaking point on staying silent. I'm a survivor of a few things and honestly I'm a bit scared to be here.

I think I'm still coming to terms with everything, and want to know if it's okay to not be okay?

Anyway, this introduction was a bit rubbish as I'm struggling to word things but this is hello!

2 hours ago, Morai said:

Hello, I'm Morai.

I'm 20, from the UK and I've reached my breaking point on staying silent. I'm a survivor of a few things and honestly I'm a bit scared to be here.

I think I'm still coming to terms with everything, and want to know if it's okay to not be okay?

Anyway, this introduction was a bit rubbish as I'm struggling to word things but this is hello!

Hi Morail and welcome to AS. You are not alone in feeling scared I think we have all felt that way. But you have found a safe place. I am sorry for the  trauma that you went through. Yes it is OK to not be OK.  We are here for you, you are not alone.

Patricia

Welcome to AS! I echo what Patricia said it is okay not to be okay and don't worry we all feel a bit unsure our first time posting. I hope that you are able to browse our many sections and see that we are supportive and thriving community. Take your time but know we will be here to support you. Looking forward to seeing you around the board. 

Wishin

Welcome Morai! Your introduction was not rubbish. I am sorry you have a few reasons to be here. It's completely normal to be scared, I was too at the beginning. Still sometimes am. But everyone is super supportive. You will see. Also, it's 100% ok not to be ok!! Please do not pressure yourself. :hug:if ok

On 8/7/2016 at 7:03 PM, Morai said:

Hello, I'm Morai.

Hi Morai,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced. We've all been new before, and know how you feel. Take your time, and comfort will come. Most of us are trying to be ok, and maybe sometimes we are, but also many times we are not. It is very comforting for me to know that I don't go thru these struggles alone. You don't have to go thru them alone, either. It is a huge step to reach out to others, so give yourself a lot of credit for doing so. I wish you the very best as you begin this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

On 07 August 2016 at 7:03 PM, Morai said:

Hello, I'm Morai.

I totally agree with what other people at AS have said.  I also wanted to say that your introduction was not at all rubbish.  It is perfect.  I always think I don't make sense, but then everyone gets me here.

You are okay to feel anyway you feel, even if it's not okay.  Like it's been said.  It's okay not to feel okay.  We have all been there or are there, or like me, seem to jump back and forth.  I hope you get the support you are seeking here at AS that is kindly and freely given.  (((Hugs))) and love from me. Carolyn

2 hours ago, Morai said:

Thanks everyone, I was so nervous posting for the first time but you've made me feel much more at ease being here :)

I'm glad You're here:). Carolyn

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

We're all a little scared.. Fear is a fickle beast that steals you of your comfort place and holds it hostage. But you've taken the first steps towards healing and getting yourself right *claps!* We're all here for you!