delondajarvis

reluctantly peeking in to saying hello

Hi. I'm very hesitant about joining an internet support forum about these types of issues. However, I realize I should try it before I knock it. Heaven knows, there are like zero real life support groups out there.

I've been in treatment for 25 years. I'm 42 yrs old. Very frustrated with how long it's all taking. I've been to so many therapists I refuse to try and count. Hospitalized 20+ times. Have tried so many different medications my psychiatrist I fear has thoughts of giving up. Have had ect...not good for anyone w/ptsd imo.

My diagnoses are c-ptsd and depression with a dollop of ocd thrown in for good measure. I'll prbly look around for awhile before diving in here, but thought I'd at least get my toe in the door here.

Thx.

6 minutes ago, delondajarvis said:

Hi. I'm very hesitant about joining an internet support forum about these types of issues. However, I realize I should try it before I knock it. Heaven knows, there are like zero real life support groups out there.

I've been in treatment for 25 years. I'm 42 yrs old. Very frustrated with how long it's all taking. I've been to so many therapists I refuse to try and count. Hospitalized 20+ times. Have tried so many different medications my psychiatrist I fear has thoughts of giving up. Have had ect...not good for anyone w/ptsd imo.

My diagnoses are c-ptsd and depression with a dollop of ocd thrown in for good measure. I'll prbly look around for awhile before diving in here, but thought I'd at least get my toe in the door here.

Thx.

Hi delondajarvis, Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the  trauma that you went through. I understand being nervous about joining an internet support group and wondering if this will help. All I can tell you, it has for me and many others here. Here we know how you are feeling, we understand because we have  experienced the same thing. Take your time looking around the site. We are here for you, you are not alone.:notalone:

Hi delondajarvis,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. You never deserved to be hurt as you were. I am glad you are willing to try the site. You will see that the members here do understand. I do wish you well on your continuing healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome DelondaJarvis. I'm sorry for what brought you here but glad you found AS. Hope it can help you heal - people are so supportive and caring here! :notalone:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if ok

On 06 August 2016 at 4:31 PM, delondajarvis said:

Thx.

I am a survivor who often feels the same as you.  AS has helped me in a ways I never imagined, like I never realized that making connections with other survivors is an important piece in my own recovery puzzle.  

You are not alone with all of this.  At AS I have found genuine support, I feel safe, and get to borrow hope and experience, from really caring survivors.  (((Hugs))), Carolyn 

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Congrats for taking the first step! Healing doesn't have an expiration date. Regardless of when you start or if you ever finish, it's a long process. Just stick to it!! You can do it and we're all here to support you!