Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

20 minutes ago, Kris78 said:

I don't know if I can do this, I don't know if this is for me. It has probably been to long to get help.

Hi Kris, welcome to AS. You have already taken the first big step, you reached out and I know how hard that is to do. This is a good site with lots of support. I don't know what your  trauma is but it is NEVER to long to get help. You have started your journey of healing but you are not alone in it, we are here for you.

Patricia

Welcome Kris. It's never too late, many of us are only seeking help many, many years after what happened to us. You are not alone and you will find support here. :hug:if ok.

6 hours ago, Kris78 said:

I don't know if I can do this, I don't know if this is for me. It has probably been to long to get help.

Hi Kris.

I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, no matter how long ago. My trauma was 33 years ago, and I've only started to face it within the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong, starting to find your path in healing is never easy, but taking that first step is so very important. Every single one of us here deserves to heal. YOU deserve to heal. We may not have all the answers for you, but we are here for you. I wish you the best as you begin your journey down this healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. It is never too late to have support and pursue your healing. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Kris,

It is never too late to begin the journey.  It took 42 years for me before I began to look for help and after I joined AS the walls blocking what happened began to come down.  It has been a really hard road the past few years but I am coming out the other side.  It hasn't been easy but I am stronger and I can get through it better now and face the memories as they emerge.

It is always okay to ask for help and support here and you will find many others here that understand what you are going through because they have been through it too.

Welcome to After Silence

Astro

Thank You, Patriciag, Reglois, Phoenixxx, MeBeMary, Tannyluck, Astro29, Struggling88, for being kind enough to welcome me. It has been 31 years and all of it has been coming back. I feel like I am drowning.

Kris78